BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/15/2005 9:53:34 AM EDT
remove please
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:59:36 AM EDT
[#1]
You might have it on wrong. Mine fits securely. Make sure you have the hook on the barrel nut correctly and tighten the allen screw. Make sure you don't over tighten the screw.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have it installed right there shouldn't be any losseness.  The barrel nut gas tube slots should rest in the two reference pins and the clamp should pull it tight.
Is the whole thing loose or jsut the bottom?
ETA:
Might want to post over in the Accessory threads.  ColdBlue watches for KAC posts and will help you out if there is any way possilbe on Earth.  He works for KAC and is a big part of their excellent CS rep.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Only the bottom is loose.I appreciate all the help.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:29:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright then, you might have an abused bottom unit.  That sounded kind fo dirty didn't it?
Anyway, did you buy it new or used?
There is an SAS bottom unit for the M4 systems that clamps like the upper, and they might make one for the M5, but I don't really know.  Might want to look at their website.  
Otherwise, it is not unusual to have some fore and aft movement in the bottom piece.  That's part of why you don't see OTALs and such mounted down there.  It's mainly for the VFG or lights, and it doesn't really matter if those shift around some.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top