Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2005 6:11:59 PM EDT
I just bought a rock river car a4. The bolt cam wont clear the carier key to disasemble the carier groop and the triger feeles like it has sand in it. Are they so back loged that the quailty has gone down hill. I wated 10 weaks fore the rifle and know I have to send it back.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#2]
At the right of your screen you will see the Industry "tab".

Steve is the moderator and is an employee of RRA.

Bring this to his attention and he can help you out.

It is my opinion they are having some growing pains but nothing you mentioned is anything they wouldn't take care of for you.

Do you have a single or NM two stage trigger?

edited to add, just because someone isn't happy and has a low post count doesn't make them a troll. Lets help him get his situation resolved and help RRA keep their customers happy. Don't be a "fan boy" or brand whore.  They all let clunkers out on occasion.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I still think it's a troll post.
But you gave him some good advice which I didn't.

And if I was a brand Whore I'd be a Armalite brand whore.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#4]
What exactly is meant by the term "troll post"? What is implied? Why was the individual refered to as a troll? Pleas educate me....thanks in advance for your answers
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:52:51 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a very forgiving descrption of a troller found here

Troller is looking for a response...ANY response, and he will chum the waters with complaints, insults, compliments, and inflammatory tidbits hoping that someone...ANYONE, will take the bait. Generally quite harmless - practices a form of catch and release. Nonetheless, he can upset the delicate ecology of a discussion forum. Once a forum becomes aware of his presence, however, all feeding activity ceases and Troller must move on to more promising waters.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:28:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If you look you will see this is my second post mr troll. And i have handled these wepons more than most. They said they would take care of it and they were very helpful. I just think they should not have let it out of the factory like that. I have been visiting ar15.com for years but it seems like you are the one trolling around to start  crap      bitc                                                                            fredom is not free support ours     simperfi                                                                          
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Be nice SelectFire!    The only time I brandthrash a manufactureis when It comes to Bushmaster.
They screwed me years ago & my asshole is still burning!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I guess I'm the"Mr Troll" you refer to.
Low post (1)count is one way to guess at a troll/start some crap post if you didn't know usmc1035.
Why didn't you put that RRA made it right in your orignal post then?

Ok you're sincere..not trying to get people going...great! welcome to the forum,we're glad to have your input.

Update: I own a Bushamster and I love it...Great shooter.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#9]

And if I was a brand Whore I'd be a Armalite brand whore.

Have to admit, the 20" Armalite with green furniture at my local shop is calling out its siren song to me.

I already have a RRA lower so all I need is an upper otherwise....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't overlook the mid length Armalite with green furniture. It's sweet....
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I just bought a rock river car a4. The bolt cam wont clear the carier key to disasemble the carier groop and the triger feeles like it has sand in it. Are they so back loged that the quailty has gone down hill. I wated 10 weaks fore the rifle and know I have to send it back.

What do you mean the bolt cam won't clear the carrier key?

How do you think they got it in there in the first place?  I am not an expert, but I find it highly unlikely that the bolt (and cam) are inserted before the carrier key is staked during manufacturing.  In other words, the bolt cam was almost certainly inserted after the carrier key was mated to the carrier when the rifle was built - which means that you have to be able to get it out.

At the risk of asking a stupid question - did you rotate the bolt cam 90 degrees when you were trying to clear the carrier key?  Because if you don't, obviously it will not clear the key.  

I hesitate to ask, because you posted below that you are very familiar with the weapon (as your user name implies).  On the other hand, your spelling is that of a 12 year-old who is failing english .  

I'm just wondering if it's possible that you missed a step in your disassembly of the bolt group - and forgot to take out the firing pin and rotate the bolt cam before you attempted to remove it??

Plus, the triggers can always be a little tight (and almost gritty) until they get broken in.  It doesn't have to mean that there is anything wrong that wouldn't work itself out in your first trip to the range.

Anyhoo - glad to hear that RRA is taking care of you.  They are a quality outfit.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe the key was installed last after the cam and the triger is like none I have ever felt. I doubt it will ever brake in. You must feel I am invading your space here. I bought a rifle and posted for some in put.I try not to judge people.
Who knows maybe you have a CMA or a silver star or may be you are just a civ who likes to play with guns rude no doubt may be an officer butter bars or some thing. Ok enough I apoligse you are right. I dont spell so good just a jar head who loves his country and our fredom. We sit on our computers talking about guns go out side and shoot them. That right costs many lives this country suffers every day for those lost past present and future I suffer with every famly every loss every day                                  
(  Even if people dont agre on a conflict they need to support our troops)
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:02:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:10:52 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Be nice SelectFire!    The only time I brandthrash a manufactureis when It comes to Bushmaster. They screwed me years ago & my asshole is still burning!

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:13:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:20:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:31:47 AM EDT
[#17]
That troll web site cracked me up...

Xenophobe is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and he thinks of the forum as his private compound. Xenophobe regards new forum arrivals as mentally deficient and perhaps even having criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with suspicion and condescension. Xenophobe will mount a furious attack if a Newbie has the temerity to make critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or questions its prevailing opinions.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Please keep it civil gentlemen.

thanks Steve.

Me?  Im sorry, I should have said something a bit nicer but thats how it felt from how they (BM) handled my problem. Their products generally are of high quality & have no problems there!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:20:46 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
USMC,
Please call our sales department at (309)792-5780 and they can issue you an return authorization.  We'll get it diagnosed, fixed, shot, and back out to you in a couple of days.
Steve/RRA

There you go....

The man will take care of you.. Call em up and get you issue solved. if the RRA mans response doesnt make you feel good....Well...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:29:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Sorry I hurt your feelings.  

I was just trying to help by asking a legitimate question about whether or not you had remembered to disassemble the carrier group in the correct order (because it seemed highly unlikely to me that RRA assembles their bolt groups in a different order than everyone else).  

I've occasionally forgotten a step in disassembly of a weapon, despite having had years of training and use on it.  It happens to all of us, and then we feel really silly afterwards.  

Plus, I just poked fun at you for your atrocious spelling - no need to get all upset about it. If you can't handle a little fun ribbing (what you apparently consider "rude") on the world wide web, perhaps you shouldn't stay.  I somehow figured that someone who had served in the Marines would be able to handle some harmless ribbing from fellow adults.

In any event, welcome to ar15.com - it really is the best resource on the web.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#22]
usmc1035, I hope you don't think that requests for help always get shot down here-they certainly don't.  But there IS a long history of people posting just to stir the sh!t, and those posts usually look a lot like yours.  "Why is it that Brand X can't bother to..." is often a dead giveaway; the person that posted such wording just wants to see brand-zealots argue with each other.

Rock River has been good to me; my middie is fine and if I spent as much time at the range as I'd like, it would have a really smooth trigger.  I try but life intrudes, you know?

Please let us know how well RRA treats you in this.  I want to find out how long "a couple of days" is to Steve at RRA.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:48:48 AM EDT
[#23]
usmc1035

Welcome aboard and thank you for your service.  I think RRA will take care of you.  I am surprise you got a rifle like that.  Those are usually the ones that I get.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The bolt cam wont clear the carier key to disasemble the carrier group

been a common enough complaint, takes a few seconds with a stone to correct, trigger should get better with use.

Send it back if you don't like it.

Quoted:
How do you think they got it in there in the first place?

It wouldnt be the first time someone in a company installed the bolts then installed the keys to "save" time.

Yep.  I have a new Stag complete upper, and the cam pin wouldn't clear.  Nothing a little filing couldn't take care of, though.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#25]
its funny how as soon as aimless arrives everyone starts playing nice. Aimless is like that school teacher that as soon as they walked into class everyone shut up and sat down without any back talk.

To get back to the original post somewhat I just bought a RRA LPK and when the hammer is in the fired position it hits the mag release is this normal? Other then that I think RRA is a good "down the middle of road" manufacturer. Priced right for the blue collar guys!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
How do you think they got it in there in the first place?

It wouldnt be the first time someone in a company installed the bolts then installed the keys to "save" time.

Yep.  I have a new Stag complete upper, and the cam pin wouldn't clear.  Nothing a little filing couldn't take care of, though.

I did NOT know that.  I swear I learn something new every day on this site.

Apologies to everyone.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#28]
"I just think they should not have let it out of the factory" ......... I agree
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:05:21 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
its funny how as soon as aimless arrives everyone starts playing nice. Aimless is like that school teacher that as soon as they walked into class everyone shut up and sat down without any back talk.

To get back to the original post somewhat I just bought a RRA LPK and when the hammer is in the fired position it hits the mag release is this normal? Other then that I think RRA is a good "down the middle of road" manufacturer. Priced right for the blue collar guys!

With the upper off, that is 100% normal.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
normal if he means bolt catch/release, not mag catch

I hope that's what he meant

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#32]
USMC,

While your weapon is back in the shop, maybe you could get a good deal on the RRA double stage trigger.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
USMC,
Please call our sales department at (309)792-5780 and they can issue you an return authorization.  We'll get it diagnosed, fixed, shot, and back out to you in a couple of days.
Steve/RRA

Now I'm glad i bought a RRA.  Not that I have problems, but if I do, this is the service I want from my Manufacturer.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 2:58:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
That troll web site cracked me up...

Xenophobe is usually a long-term discussion forum participant and he thinks of the forum as his private compound. Xenophobe regards new forum arrivals as mentally deficient and perhaps even having criminal tendencies, and they are invariably approached with suspicion and condescension. Xenophobe will mount a furious attack if a Newbie has the temerity to make critical observations about the forum's social dynamics, or questions its prevailing opinions.

WOW heavy!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:46:10 PM EDT
[#35]
I had a problem with a RRA bolt carrier group, it was machined incorrectly and would not cycle or even lock closed all the way in any rifle I owned.  I sent it back and they took care of my promptly.  They are a good company and stand behind their products.

P.S.  That is the 1 and only problem I have ever had with any RRA product I have owned.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:57:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Maybe the key was installed last after the cam and the triger is like none I have ever felt. I doubt it will ever brake in. You must feel I am invading your space here. I bought a rifle and posted for some in put.I try not to judge people.
Who knows maybe you have a CMA or a silver star or may be you are just a civ who likes to play with guns rude no doubt may be an officer butter bars or some thing. Ok enough I apoligse you are right. I dont spell so good just a jar head who loves his country and our fredom. We sit on our computers talking about guns go out side and shoot them. That right costs many lives this country suffers every day for those lost past present and future I suffer with every famly every loss every day                                  

USMC1035 you have come to the right place for the answers to all your questions. As far as your typing and spelling abilities  no one person is perfect, but these fine folks here are worthy of your very best abilities in that  reguard. I am a former Marine. I  remember that attention to detail is the key to all success. That includes typing and spelling.  Semperfi! Welcome to the FORUM.

Edited because I can't spell worth a damn either!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#37]
I remember cleaning an AR for a customer at the gunsmith shop about a year ago, and when I rotated the cam pin  90 degrees and tried to pull it out it wouldn't clear the key. I thought WTF, how the hell did they get it in there. I rotated it another 180 degrees and it pulled right out. It seems that it had more clearance on one side of the cam lip than it did on the other.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:24:01 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

USMC1035 you have come to the right place for the answers to all your questions. As far as your typing and spelling abilities  no one person is perfect, but these fine folks here are worthy of your very best abilities in that  reguard. I am a former Marine. I  remember that attention to detail is the key to all success. That includes typing and spelling.  Semperfi! Welcome to the FORUM.hug.gif

Edited because I can't spell worth a damn either!

Here’s a tip from someone who can’t spell either. Type your response into MS Word, spell check it, then cut/paste into the forum. Simple, quick, and everyone will think you’re a Mensa Member!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:07:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I just bought a rock river car a4. The bolt cam wont clear the carier key to disasemble the carier groop

Did you remove the cotter pin/firing pin, and rotate the cam pin to remove? Have you done this before? Not being a SA, just wondering...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#40]
sorry about that I did mean the bolt catch. hift.
The way I see it with the problems with the cam pin is not all parts are checked in most manufacturing processes. now someone from RRA can correct me if I am wrong, but I would guess they only take small samples lets say per a thousand. so if they happen to grab all good ones and the bad ones happen to slip by then thats why they have a warrenty. If this problem happens to me then if RRA will pay for the cost of shipping and replace the bad part then I would do that. If they would refuse then I would do what tweak said and use a stone or even a very fine file. problem solved.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:04:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

izaguudthingdatStevehazsaiddtaheeizgointotakekareofdeeproblemm - whydontyoucallimatdeenumbaheeposted
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:40:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:02:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/Azrael2004/spellingnazis.jpg

I think thats great,i saved it to use on the ever so many 19 y/o English majors that insist on the proper Kings English!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:44:49 AM EDT
[#46]
This thread is worthless without pics!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top