Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/13/2005 4:54:50 PM EDT
Is it even possible, or would it just rock the shit out of your shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:11:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I've personally seen it done by a Arfcom member Gungho_1989 with an AK. You'd have never known that it was a semi-auto.

Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 5:38:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I can do it somtimes with my 20", but not the 14.5 or 11.5" carbines. I don't notice it hurting during or after. It's a lot of fun and good waste of ammo.

Edited: Forgot the somtimes parts, gotta get the rhythym down.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a 16" carbine with a lighweight barrel on a DPMS lower with a 4 position stock, the gun weighs 5lb 15oz unloaded.  
When I got the gun I took it to the range to zero it along with 400 rounds of ammo.
For someone who had just gotten their first AR this seemed like a lot of ammo.  
After zeroing it I loaded up a 20 rd mag to test out this "bump firing" thing my buddy had told me about in college.  
I took the stock up one notch held my trigger finger stiff and pulled the gun forward.  BRRRRRRRRRRP I couldn't believe it, it actually worked! I tried again BRRRRRRRRRP "WOW I can't believe this is legal" I thought.  
I ended up shooting all 400 rounds that evening stopping only long enough to let the barrel cool and to load mags.  The whole town thought I had a machinegun.  
I took it to my neighbor's house (the guy who let me shoot his AR that gave me this stupid EBR disease) who used to be an 07 FFL and SOT that built machineguns back in the day.  
I showed him how the gun ran, and he immediately wanted to crack it open to see what parts were inside.  He couldn't believe they were all semi parts.  
When we went inside his wife asked where I had got the money for a $10K machinegun I then had to explain to both of them how bumpfiring works.  
After I discovered this trick would work on my gun, about 90% of the rounds fired through it have been bumpfired.  
It presently has about 3K through it now and when I get a chance to get some bullets I plan on loading another few thousand to finish this barrel off.  
For me to get an AR to "run" in bumpfire mode from the shoulder it needs a light barrel.  I tried my buddys Bushy V-Match 16" H BAR and all I could get was doubles.  
Also by taking up the stock a notch and using a normal cheek weld you give the gun about 1" of room to recoil and reset the trigger.  
I can control my Semi AR's accuracy in bumpfire mode just as well as an M-16 in full auto and can do bursts or mag dumps depending on what is desired.  
If you practice and master the technique you will be explaning to concerned neighbors and local LEO's that though is may sound like a machinegun it is actually just a plain ol semi AR-15.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:53:59 AM EDT
[#4]
My 16" would not bumpfire the one time I tried it. Not enough recoil to reset the trigger no matter how lightly I pulled.

I would need to cut down on the rifle's weight to reduce the inertia and increase the acceleration. Than, there might be enough recoil to reset the trigger. Just not enough money to invest into my rifle at this moment to cut down weight, so I'll have to make do aimed fire.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:05:22 AM EDT
[#5]
i can do it very easily with the MGI RRB and the CMC single stage drop in trigger.

So easy to do in fact Im going to put my old buffer back in because it's annoying that I cant do trigger control without it bumpig.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]
tag for the markm hissy fit.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:40:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys for all the info. I'll really have to practice, hopefully to get good enough to impress or at least confuse someone at the range
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks guys for all the info. I'll really have to practice, hopefully to get good enough to impress or at least confuse someone at the range

make sure they allow full auto there are you might piss them off more than you will impress them
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:02:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Good idea. Its not a problem there though, thats what they're known for (machine gun rental and sales). Its probably the single best place on earth to shoot a gun! ......indoors that is.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:40:48 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't bump my 20'' Colt. FCG is too stiff.  Do a search for a user named Swingset. He's got the hook up for bumping from the shoulder that anyone can do.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:54:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a few Carbon fiber Bushy's that are the easiest to bump. Light weight and a RRA 2 stage trigger. It bumps from the shoulder like a frickin' buzz saw. I love it. When I first learned to bump from the shoulder, I couldn't sleep for a few days becuse I was so damn excited. I bought a carbon 15 pistol and SBR'd it......I have the closest thing to a little machine gun that I will ever be able to afford...I love it!

Have fun and be safe.

Assholes will be coming soon...they will call us "retards" and "wanna-bees" and I'm sure they have new names too

Also...welcome! You will be meeting the thread trasher/flamers soon..haha
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:07:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone have video of "bump-firing"?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I can easily get 3-4 round bursts, shoulder fired, with my .40 cal set up.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#14]
No video, but a RRA NM trigger is about the best thing you can add to your rifle to get it to bump well.

From the shoulder is easy and extremely fun to do.

Some people might not like it, but I can even use my Aimpoint while bumping and it doesn't get out of control with me.

Just make sure you're safe about it and not shooting over any berms or shooting from the hip.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I can bump most semi-autos.

AR's, AK's, FAL's, Garands, M1 Carbines, MAC 10's.......Saiga 12G ......damn near all of them. Very well. Everything wont bump, most will. With practice you can aim it. Well.

I have no clue why your shoulder would get rocked, as it never touches your body with two small exceptions.

Step one, the weight of your entire rifle is held by your forward hand, on the bottom of the handguards. Step two, point trigger finger out rigid and insert into trigger guard, forward of trigger.

Pull rifle forward with forward hand holding trigger finger rigid.

If you pull to hard, the trigger will lock back. If you pull too light you will not pull the trigger. You need to find the sweet spot. Its there more often than not, you just have to find it.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

+1

I hear it alot, but WHAT THE F*** is bump firing?  Sounds unsafe, stupid, and a design flaw.

BRING ON THE VIDEO!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:47:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

I hear it alot, but WHAT THE F*** is bump firing?  Sounds unsafe, stupid, and a design flaw.

BRING ON THE VIDEO!

No design flaw about it. You are still pulling the trigger once for every round fired.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:52:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Yeah, I have a few
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#19]
That is f-ing awesome.....
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:16:28 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I have a few

SWEEEEEEEET!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#21]
azhammer.....you going to SGC?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#22]
I can bump from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Anyone can bump from the shoulder, even if you gots no skillz.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=332283

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:58:22 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I have a few

I'd bet thats really an FA...
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:09:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks legit to me.  I can get ROF that high with my LE6520 from the hip...but I have trouble getting anything more than 2 shot bursts from the shoulder.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#26]
a 5 year can bump my ak with RSA tigger.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:15:22 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I have a few

Thats what all he haters say. Trust me its not. I have it on good report that Rick is Bumpmaster Certified, and there is no need to try and bullshit you. Too many people have seen him do it.......

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:52:49 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Thats what all he haters say. Trust me its not. I have it on good report that Rick is Bumpmaster Certified, and there is no need to try and bullshit you. Too many people have seen him do it.......

Gee, thanks a lot Cav.  I was going to bet him.........this IS Vega$ afterall
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:16:34 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Gee, thanks a lot Cav.  I was going to bet him.........this IS Vega$ afterall

You do realize that your finger can now be considered a machine gun, and since it can no longer be registered on a Form 1 (no new machine guns can be created) , it must be destroyed says the ATF

- rem
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:43:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
You do realize that your finger can now be considered a machine gun, and since it can no longer be registered on a Form 1 (no new machine guns can be created) , it must be destroyed says the ATF

- rem

No need to destroy it.  If the ATF comes knocking, I will be happy to just give them the finger.................wait, that didn't come out right
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Rollin_hot, Whats SGC?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:45:35 AM EDT
[#32]
this vid was posted on here a long time ago, has some ak abuse and bump firing. 75mb {right click and save as} z08.zupload.com/file.php?filepath=440
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 10:17:47 AM EDT
[#33]
I just uploaded a vid I have never posted before.  I have come to realize that my technique is unlike most posted.  95% of what I do happens at the trigger.  I do not "pull the gun forward" with my off hand and as the video shows, I have the weapon tucked in fairly tight to the shoulder.  After years of people handing me their AR's saying "Here, bump mine", I have also realized that the biggest  inpediments to bumpfiring an AR from the shoulder is 1. two stage triggers and 2. lack of adequet lubrication in the FCG.  I have never been able to bump a "dry" AR with a long trigger throw.

So, lube it up good and bump it hard!!!!......................Hey wait, I knew a girl like that once

Beta Bump Video
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:38:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Scottsdale Gun Club...indoor range.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:52:18 AM EDT
[#35]
loop a chord around your shoulder and underarm, passing it thorugh the trigger guard making it snug.  Shoulder the gun, pull it forward, and hold on tight.  You can obviously make the rig more complicated with release buckles and webbing...

Like all fun things in life, this is not safe to do, and it a totally waste of money.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Would it/shoulder bump works with a vertical front grip?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I have a few

Nope, Rick is the MASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:42:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Scottsdale Gun Club...indoor range.

Yeah thats where i go about 1-2 times a month. Great place, safe, good atmosphere, and theres always a good chance you'll see some real high end FA goin off!We should get some bodies together and fill those bays!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- rem

No need to destroy it.  If the ATF comes knocking, I will be happy to just give them the finger.................wait, that didn't come out right

Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:14:13 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I have a few

Can I see a video of you doing that where I can see your finger, that is not blocked in the shot by your arm?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I have a few

Wow
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Im in!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Im in!!

I'll be goin to SGC saturday or sunday or maybe both. I'll have to check my sched. cause im gonna be pullin ''Christmas duty'' this weekend.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:17:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Would it/shoulder bump works with a vertical front grip?  Thanks

YES !! much easier to bump with a vertical grip
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:22:56 AM EDT
[#45]
I've done it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, I have a few

Can I see a video of you doing that where I can see your finger, that is not blocked in the shot by your arm?

look closer to his beta bump video. his hand is not touching the pistol grip. just wrap around it. I can bump my ARs exactly the way he is doing it.  

1. move your body weight forward when pulling the trigger or push the rifle forward. This action  also helps your muzzle control.  a vertical grip works great for novice  bump shooter.

2 my experience with a DPMS linear compensator adds extra recoil, extra recoil helps bumpfiring.

3. use heavier recoil buffer or bolt carrier. also adds extra recoil.  I think ,,not sure

4. 5lbs or less trigger pull weight..  I use stock SP1 FCG with a JP yellow springs. RRA 2 stage or JP trigger kit also works very well. Do not try to bump your AR if your trigger weight is less than 3Lbs. my experience with a 2.75lbs pull trigger  , the hammer sometimes rides on carrier.

ABOVE information is for your information purposes only. not responsible for any accident or damage or KA BOOOM !!

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 9:33:22 PM EDT
[#47]
WOW!  Rickinvegas can bump anything.  I thought I was doing well bumping 30rd mags, but a 100 rd Beta!  That's some fine shootin.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 10:19:10 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Looks legit to me.  I can get ROF that high with my LE6520 from the hip...but I have trouble getting anything more than 2 shot bursts from the shoulder.

Same here with my Bushmaster M4 style carbine. I probably just need more practice.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
I thought I was doing well bumping 30rd mags, but a 100 rd Beta!  That's some fine shootin.

In the interest of full disclosure, that scene was only @80 rounds

A fully loaded beta is a BIG FAT PIG!  Far to heavy to cycle the weapon as it just destroys the recoil.  Even at 80 rounds, it is hard to do in one pull.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Can anyone give detailed steps to bump from the sholder?  I know it will take practice to get it down.  

Rickinvegas.... you said you tuck the weapon tight to your sholder... I thought you needed the gun to recoil to reset the trigger?   What do you do at the trigger?  Thanks!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top