Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 2:06:20 PM EDT
Anyone have the link to the thread on that roof top  Iraq video with Simpledynamic? Was trying read up on it again/...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I got the vid...I wanted to read the thread about it...they were discussing the weapon used and other stuff...
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the vid. I hadn't seen it and was looking for it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#4]
how do i save that video.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Right click the link.... then chose "save target as"....  and put it where you want it
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 7:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Right click the link.... then chose "save target as"....  and put it where you want it

not quite.  how do I download it to my harddrive?
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:01:47 AM EDT
[#7]
nobody has that thread linked??
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
www.ifilm.com/WMPPlaylist.asx?l=1138666133&ifilmId=2677403&bandwidth=300

right click, save as

how do I save the video to my harddrive.  The above only saves the link to the video, which is useless if it is deleted from the site.

that is what my original question was about
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:59:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Or you could just ask SimplyDynamic about the rifle and all about that infamous "Turkey Shoot" Tha twas him on the building.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Here's the link to the thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=375720&page=1

But the link doesn't work b/c of some forum problem, like it being old but not archived yet or  .  .  .  That's why it doesn't show up when you search for it either.

Maybe one of the moderators can fix the problem.

HighSpeedSteel
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:32:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Anyone have any video of Blackwater ripping guns and people from their homes in New Orleans?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 5:29:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Anyone have any video of Blackwater ripping guns and people from their homes in New Orleans?

Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh that is soo much better with my new computer versus my old POS.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I thought that was PD and National Guard.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Quoted:

They arrived in black helicopters you know.....
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:44:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

That would of been our LA. national Guard and Volunteer officers from Commifornia.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:14:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope, blackwater was contracted by the state and deputized as state law enforcement.  Google it.  And it was not just Commiefornia. Law enforcement from all over the US took part in the gun grab at the order of the CLOE in NO.  I was very much pro Blackwater, but contracting and then deputizing paid contractors, is not a good idea when people just want to protect what they have left during a natural disaster.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Ummm, I doubt any of that video will go public, unless it was taken by a civy.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#22]
What a gig, huh? Some guys have all the luck, proper training and equipment doesn't hurt either and man that Napster teaser gal is sweeeet !
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:36:38 PM EDT
[#23]
What, do you mean Black( oil stained) Water ripping people from their homes in the storm surge?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 10:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Nope, blackwater was contracted by the state and deputized as state law enforcement.  Google it.  And it was not just Commiefornia. Law enforcement from all over the US took part in the gun grab at the order of the CLOE in NO.  I was very much pro Blackwater, but contracting and then deputizing paid contractors, is not a good idea when people just want to protect what they have left during a natural disaster.

Couldn't find anything by Googleing "Blackwater New Orleans deputized paid contractors gun grab".
Can anyone post a link? I would like to show this to a few people at work.  They seem to think this is all hearsay and bs.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:08:04 AM EDT
[#25]
The reality was that there were only a handful of cases where police confiscated weapons from people in Nawlens. Although I don't think that makes it any better, I just feel it was a bit blown out of proportion. It wasn't a door-to-door confiscation on a mass level.

Some armed people were trying to get on evacuation buses, others were criminals, some were brandishing while walking down the street (not in front of their homes), some were carrying concealed and not licensed, etc.

However, in one horrible case an elderly woman was forced from her home, smashed face first into the concrete which dislocated and crushed her shoulder, her rifle was taken from her (and has since never been returned) and she was left homeless in some other state, struggling to get back home and also locate her rifle.

Cant find the latest story on her, she is working on a lawsuit now to get her firearm back and sue for medical expenses and pain/suffering....

see the video of the elderly woman being attacked and forced out of her home here

- rem

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:12:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Boy, this thread was hijacked and headed south in a hurry...

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:52:50 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
You need to watch the video.  No crushed shoulder, and no rifle!  She had a knife and a revolver.  The Cali PD were there to evacuate her, not confiscate her gun, but had to do so for thier own safety!  They even let her take her dogs with her.  I think that they handled it pretty well!

You live in Texas and you think that was handled pretty well?
You must live in Houston or something.......  

Its her home, its legal for her to have a gun in her home, she did not appear to be a threat to anyone.
If she wanted to stay at her home she should have been left alone.
Yeah, she may have died in the storm, she may have died in the flood, but you know what?
She appears old enough to make her own decision, she does not appear hysterical or nuts and it did not appear that she was forcing anyone to stay with her. (Not harming others)

I especially like the fact that the reporter was quick to point out that no one was being dragged from their homes by the police, right after we watched the video.....

P.S. They would not have had to confiscate her gun for their own safety if they would have just left her alone.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:57:59 AM EDT
[#29]
These kudzu commandos who post whatever crap they hear from "some dude" just gall me...I WAS IN NEW ORLEANS with 5 of my deputies, working with NOPD post Katrina.  My team, and no one I was briefed or debriefed with, disarmed any damn body.  IN FACT, I have still photos of my team and NOPD officers giving directions to ARMED CIVILIANS (not Blackwater or any of that other crap) post Katrina who had found their way into the City to help relatives.  
We were never told to disarm anyone, if we did disarm anyone there was nothing to do with the weapons.....
We were given three instructions by NOPD brass....
1) act professionally
2) don't arrest anyone for anything, there is no jail to take them to
3) don't do things here that you wouldn't do at home

The people I worked with, both NOPD and others, knew that being unarmed in that City was a bad idea....and as long as you weren't looting, we WANTED folks to be armed.

We dealt with a lot of unarmed civilians who were freakin' scared to death, especially after dark.  Not of floodwaters or lack of food, of their predatory neighbors.  

Now, I hope to hear back from all of you who were safe at home in front of your computer screens and CNN news coverage bitch about this post.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#30]
By the way, I watched the video....we didn't do crap like that, and we only took people out who wanted to go....
I don't support or condone the actions of the Cops who did that crap.  I wouldn't have done it, and wouldn't have stood by while they did it....
I worked Magazine Street while I was there....that video is down right embarrassing and wrong
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:01:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:07:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Actually, yeah, it was fine with me.  There was no way in hell to evacuate that city, going door to door and dragging AMERICANS out of their home....I have been a cop for 27 years, and I ain't doing that.  It's YOUR home, you know the risks, you make the decisions.....
I personally left a LOT of people in their home.......
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:23:10 AM EDT
[#33]
AS far as the public health risk.....
1)there were no operational medical facilities.  After some cops shot a guy, there were radio calls back and forth where to get medical help.  Other than SWAT type meds, there was none....no evacuation of wounded or injured cops either, all helos were detailed to civilian rescue, none for any LEO's that go hurt...which was fine with us, we knew that going in and we were ok with it....

2) We all came back with some type of infection.  All 6 of us.  Doctors back home treated us with high doeses of anti biotics, etc.....for non specific infection....

All that aside, there is still no good reason for dragging Americans out of their homes.  I wasn't given the order to do it, and would not have obeyed it if I had.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:28:29 AM EDT
[#35]
No, it is stupid for the Government to drag you out of your home because there MIGHT be a health risk.....or even if there is a KNOWN health risk.

I might be crazy, but MY health and MY home is none of the Governments business...and I AM the enforcement arm of the Government
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:52:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Yeah, like the dead bodies floating around were not a health risk......

There were plenty of people in the New Orleans area right after the storm, myself included, and as far as  can tell, I have not started any epidemics.

I just think those officers would have done more good evacuating disabled people stuck in the nursing homes that propbably wanted to leave, but could not and were left to drown.

You are using the exact same arguement the gun-grabbers, anti-smokers, anti-fast-food people use.....
Its a potential health risk, we know more than you, therefore you must do what we want. (or else)
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Yup, anytime the Government does something for you "for your own good" I am probably going to object to it
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:24:52 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Yup, anytime the Government does something for you "for your own good" I am probably going to object to it

Well, we may be the only 2 left.......

So, If the government can just get 'us' out of the way........  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:26:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Kind of sad actually...
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Lefthanded's post is accurate.

i was in NOLA for 5 weeks. the only blackwater contractors i saw were pulling security at the FEMA assistance centers. i went about my daily business wearing a safariland thigh rig in full view for the first 2 weeks and i had plenty of dealing with LEOs and armed citizens. as things started calming down i went to a CCW piece.  FWIW, i had some kansas city cops and some NJ guard MPs recommend to me that i avoid dealing with the NOPD if at all possible
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Voted most fascist post of the day.

Quoted:
Staying there was a PUBLIC HEALTH RISK!  Just because she is stupid enough to stay, does not mean she should be allowed.  She could catch/spread some nasty diseases staying there.  But that would be ok, huh?  hinking.gif

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Lefthanded's post is accurate.

i was in NOLA for 5 weeks. the only blackwater contractors i saw were pulling security at the FEMA assistance centers. i went about my daily business wearing a safariland thigh rig in full view for the first 2 weeks and i had plenty of dealing with LEOs and armed citizens. as things started calming down i went to a CCW piece.  FWIW, i had some kansas city cops and some NJ guard MPs recommend to me that i avoid dealing with the NOPD if at all possible

Much like the media, IceHandLuke continues to spout off his info without letting the truth get in his way......

Last time he was blaming me for using a SWAT team to take everyones guns down there.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:20:38 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#44]
sooooo how bout that like to the disscusion on the blackwater video...............................
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:42:43 AM EDT
[#45]
moderator...if your going to let my thread get hijacked...at least find that thread for me
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#46]
http://www.thenation.com/doc/20051010/scahill
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:58:24 AM EDT
[#47]
I regret and apologize for my participation in the thread hi jack......I have read for months about the things WE did, and I guess this morning I wanted to speak my peace.......mods can delete anything I wrote....
Again, my apologies, not for what I said, but for hijacking your topic....bg
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Damn this thread got hijacked pretty quick.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Sorry drabchoi.  I removed all my crap.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:25:06 PM EDT
[#50]
guys.....no biggie.....you didnt have to delete all your stuff...its there for people to read...all I want is that thread so if anyone can help me out...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top