Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2005 4:45:14 PM EDT
I am new to this website, in fact I am new to the AR-15 so I don't know all the in's and out's about the gun.  I am looking for a military issue smei-auto, but I would prefer one in a 7.62x39 caliber.  No ak-47,I had one, like, not in love with it.  I still have my SKS.  Looking for an AR in 7.62 but they are had to find.  I know colt use to make one and DPMS make a upper, but I am not so sure about these since the 30 round mags are hard to find.  I recently found the Vulcan AR-47 and I am interested in it.  I like the fact that it uses AK mags, but I won't be able to use the lower for anything else.  Does anyone have any experiance with the AR-47 or Vulcan AR's that the can share.  Also, I am use to guns that I can put a thousand rounds through with out a jam and without a good cleaning.  From what I read you have to keep tha AR super clean or it will not function well, how clean do you have to keep it and how many rounds before you clean it?

AR-47

Also, do anyone have anything good or bad to say about the CETME .308 HK 91 clone?  This is another gun I was looking at, but I have heard mixed feelings towards it.

Thanks!!!
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:01:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Where's that run forrest graphic when you need it?

ETA:  Cetme's are kinda luck of the draw...  I wouldn't buy it sight unseen.  Some probs include ground bolts/headspace issues, rough actions, trigger issues.  I think JLD Ptr-91's are a better proposition...
Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
(I'm saying this in a nice helpful way, not snotty).

Check out the AK-47 Forum here on ARF.  They know a bunch about this (although I heard the same thing - run from the Vulcan - but I think there's a Vector and a Robinson that are both good.  But the AK guys can tell you).

There's also a H&K thread here for that question.  I think those guys all say that PTR91 from JLD is the .308 to have.  

R.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 5:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]

When the Vulcan Arms motto says that they are the arms of Special Forces, what they don't tell you is that they are talking about "Special" forces that ride in the short bus and wear helmets indoors.  

A lot of people here won't touch Vulcan Arms with a 10-foot pole, because of bad associations with their owners/business partners, and a repuation for really bad quality and poor workmanship in the past.

Link Posted: 12/6/2005 9:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
MGI makes a modular lower with interchangable magwells that lets you use AK 47 mags or USGI mags.  You can do ther calibers as well but those are sold as a pair right now in the EE.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 12:08:11 AM EDT
[#5]
i would jus buy ak but you are not into em...rumor has it that the mags for 7.62x39 AR are not very dependable...check out the 6.8
i have had no experience with them but i hear it a lot
also ARs despite what you hear, function quite well... a lot of problems dont necessarily come from not being sparkly clean but from bad mags and cheap parts i.e. vulcan..besides it takes ten minutes for me to completely strip my AR,clean it, and put it back together...i have got about 1000 rds through my bushy and only cleaned it twice...with only 2 failure to feeds. check out bushmaster or RRA.. COLT if you got the $$$
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:46:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Friends don't let friends by Hesse.
Friends don't let friends by Vulcan.
Hesse=Vulcan
Both=Crap

Please don't waste your money....
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:49:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Friends don't let friends talk AK-47 in the AR15 forum  WRONG FORUM.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Friends don't let friends talk AK-47 in the AR15 forum  WRONG FORUM.

He's talking about the AR47.  Pay attention before you post.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top