Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/4/2005 7:30:21 PM EDT
Anybody with firsthand experience?

Accuracy from the lightweights?

BK
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 3:51:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I just got ER Shaw`s 16"light barrel upper, it works perfectly....!!!!!!Herehttp://www.hunt101.com/img/340554.JPG
http://www.hunt101.com/img/341106.JPG

Link Posted: 12/5/2005 4:19:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks awesome man.

Shoot some good ammo through her and lemme know how she shoots from the bench.

Thanks.

BK
AmericanSnipers.org
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a lt.wt.  M1S 1/9 5.56 chambered bbl. non lined.
Shoots 2 to 3in. groups on a good day with BHBB 55gr.(almost doubles with Wolf) at 100yds off a bench with open sights. (with optics probably better)
Just a hair off what I can do with 20in. pencil bbls with open sights.
The last 3gun I shot my main rifle broke on the first stage,I had the lt.wt. in the trunk so I used it to clean the rest of the stages.
I like the little gun real easy to hold off hand after tired from running back & forth.
IMHO real good bbl. for the money.($130 when I bought it)
FWIW my main gun has a M1S stainless fluted 16in. I am also happy with.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback.

BK
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Finnish, whose FF ya got on that rifle?
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:50:40 AM EDT
[#6]
ERShaw/M1S non-lined 14.5" M4 profile/Perm Phantom owner here.

I have no idea what kind of groups it's capable of (after all, it's a Non-FF, lightweight, 14.5" carbine barrel), but I can say that with 62Gr. Wolf, it is (and I guess I am, by default) capable of ringing a 2/3 man-sized steel silouette at 300 yards.  With the same ammo, it's capable of perfect CNS shots at <50 yards as well.

Minute-of-dirtbag is good enough for me out of that particular barrel.

From a reliability standpoint, I've found it will shoot absolutely anything (including rusty Wolf) as long as the chamber is cleaned every thousand rounds or so.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Hi ! Its YHM/FF !!!! Pretty dark and cold here in Finland just now , i`ll wrote more when i get it to action......!!!! Hmm...happy Christmas all !!!!!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top