Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2005 11:19:46 AM EDT
I see ads by FTF  on Gunbroker and was wondering if anybody had experience with them.  Good or bad?
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Misleading adds, junk dealers.........................what more do you want to know.
Link Posted: 11/25/2005 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Failure To Fire. Do you want to buy from a company named that?
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard  negative reports from other buyers. My experience with them has been good.  Sometimes a little slow.
Link Posted: 11/27/2005 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The uppers they advertise on GunBroker as "Bushmaster" are not Bushmaster.  I'd guess that not a single part is Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe they're RRA aren't they?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:47:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Screw them!!! They burnt me once, never again! What they advertise is NOT what you'll receive...
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Failure To Fire. Do you want to buy from a company named that?

I dont know who the Co. is but thats exactly what I thought when I saw it.   I wouldnt trust them with a name like that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I believe they're RRA aren't they?

NO! Don't fall for this guy's bullshit. He swore to me up and down that his parts were all bushmaster. After I got them I called him on it, and wrote him a ripping pissed email. He wrote back and said "Sorry the parts I sent you were RRA" I wrote back, "I am not that stupid, I know for a fact these are not RRA or Bushmaster parts." He wrote back, "Oh you're right, the parts I sent YOU were FN." They weren't FN but it wasn't worth my time.

Don't deal with this douchebag. Steer clear of Jack's Black Rifle Shop on gunbroker also, I had similar problems with him.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 3:49:35 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Steer clear of Jack's Black Rifle Shop on gunbroker also, I had similar problems with him.

Huh? What went wrong there? I Know Jack and he's a good guy... Can you give more details about what had happened?
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Steer clear of Jack's Black Rifle Shop on gunbroker also, I had similar problems with him.

Huh? What went wrong there? I Know Jack and he's a good guy... Can you give more details about what had happened?

Same deal. He was advertising Rock River uppers for sale, at a really good price. So I bought 2 from him. When they got here, the barrels were marked "M1S". When I contacted him he told me that the upper reciever  was Rock River, but the barrel and bolt weren't.
To his credit, he changed the description in his ad to something like "Custom shop AR15 complete upper, RRA parts" or something like that after I talked to him about it. this was a little under a year ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#11]
FTF, what MONGO said +20.  I bought what I thought was a BM LPK, but the bolt catch clearly had the M1S CAGE code on it (out of spec small hole, and spring pins instead of roll pins, too!).  Called him out on it, and he basically said "EAT IT".  Reported him to PayPal and GunBroker.  Nuff said.

Jack I've never had a problem from in over two years worth of orders.  Always got what I bought and paid for, quick, too!

Tom  
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I oftentimes wonder about the legality of some of the stuff they sell....
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same deal. He was advertising Rock River uppers for sale, at a really good price. So I bought 2 from him. When they got here, the barrels were marked "M1S". When I contacted him he told me that the upper reciever  was Rock River, but the barrel and bolt weren't.
To his credit, he changed the description in his ad to something like "Custom shop AR15 complete upper, RRA parts" or something like that after I talked to him about it. this was a little under a year ago.

I'm sure it wasn't done on purpose... Jack has always treated me right and has never tried to get over on me either... In the past a couple buddies of mine had a few problems with parts that they purchased from him but both times he made it right... And never was it do to false advertising... The problems they had were an out of spec upper receiver and a loose barrel nut on a complete upper...

Now lets get to what kind of guy/businessman Jack is...

The out of spec receiver wasn't discovered as being out of spec for at least 10 months after it was purchased... Jack replaced it for free, no questions asked, just an apology is all he had to say...

The loose barrel nut was discovered 6 months after it was purchased and after disassembling it I had noticed the extension pin alignment slot was a little damaged and so was the nipple end of the gas tube... Jack replaced the receiver and gas tube for free, no questions asked, just an apology is all he had to say...

Myself and others I know have spent thousands of $$$ buying parts from Jack and these are the only two things that had ever went wrong... Jack, like any decent parts dealer, gets a few bad parts now and then that ends up being passed along to their customers, but its not done intentionally...

For those people that frequent gunbroker.com, go look at Jacks feedback and then look at FTF's feedback, you will then believe everything I just said...

Sorry jfk for the small hijacking of your thread, Just had to let everyone know a little about Jacks character so people don't think hes a bad guy...    
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Bought BM Upper, through website and bought some gunsmith items through gunbroker.com.
NO problems with buys, and/or shipping. Standard delivery within a week.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Bought BM Upper, through website and bought some gunsmith items through gunbroker.com.
NO problems with buys, and/or shipping. Standard delivery within a week.

I'm betting it's NOT a Bushmaster...
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Interesting.

I had heard he was selling RRA instead of bushy, I guess it was neither

any complaints concerning the uppers?
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#17]
I would never buy anything from a company named FTF (Fail To Fire).  Same reason I won't buy a KIA (Killed In Action)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top