Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/14/2005 5:56:59 AM EDT
What is the general consensus on this rail?  I haven't seen much discussion of it in the last several months as I have been planning my latest build.  I like the idea of it being continuous but I do not know how much height it adds.  Anyone know how much higher a mounting would be as opposed to being on a regular flattop?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#1]
from the looks of things it's the same height as the top rail of your receiver...hence continuous top rail.  

Maybe I don't understand the question, at any rate the above isn't meant to be a flame.

i think you answered your own question though

edit: nope i was wrong.  You said predator and i thought samson

edit again: Alright, i called Chris at POF Sales and according to him the height increase isn't quite half an inch.

I hope this helps.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:31:47 AM EDT
[#2]
rob78, no worries.  I had not looked at your post until you had corrected everything.  You did what I probably should have done from the get-go. . .just call POF.  Thanks for doing it for me though! It does indeed help.
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I am extremely happy with my POF rails- I have two and have a 3rd on order (with the piston upper)
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am extremely happy with my POF rails- I have two and have a 3rd on order (with the piston upper)

Do you have an ACOG mounted? If so how's the cheek weld?
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:21:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had a 16" gas piston upper with predator rails on order from POF since October. Anxiously awaiting word on when I will receive it.

There were some pictures floating around on here that showed 4 predator rails underneath each tire of a pickup truck. They are supposedly indestructable.

- rem
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an AIMPOINT and a Elite 3200 10X (don't laugh- its about to grow up into a Leupold) on the 6.8.  the cheek weld is fine!  I'm about to put a Magpul PRS on it.

and an OKO NV compatible on the suppressed M16

Link Posted: 12/28/2005 7:53:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I LOVE THE PREDATOR!!!

I have it on my 458 SOCOM battle ax and the thing is just plain SOLID

It can take a lickin and keep on tickin so to speak

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top