Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2005 7:44:53 PM EDT
Just wondering how those of you who have tried them like them (either 2 rail or 4 rail).

I ordered a set of the 2 rail, since I really wanted something that resembled the original handguard.

I am hoping that the plastic is durable enough for rough use with a VFG.

Just looking for some user opinions.

Thanks,

5Shot
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Personally, i never liked how it looked. I opted to buying a separate rail which attaches (bolts on) to the regular  handguards.

That being said, I have a friend who used one for a time. He did like it and found it sturdy enough.

Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:12:33 PM EDT
[#2]
mine broke because of the VFG, under rapid fire the VFG spread apart the lips and broke the front rim off.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
They're ok, but don't, DO NOT pay full price for them. Not worth $120. You might as well get a YHM or Midwest tube for that price.

I have the 4-rail version on my 20in, and they are ok for playing around. If I knew I was going to have to fight with my rifle..... I wouldn't necessarily trust them. Maybe some day when I do get an FF tube I'll swing my rifle like a club and see how they stand up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
2 rail are ok - you can get 2 carbines worth of use (replace the lower handguard on 2 carbines).  They can be used to mount lights and/or VFGs

On the other hand I found the 4 railed version (I've used the carbine and rifle length) to be less useful.  Since they are split on the diagnal the group tends to wander at an angle when you use a VFG.  If you just want to mount a light on a rifle they are fine.

Honestly the YHM is a better execution of this concept as is the new Midwest Industry 4 railed handguard.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 4:29:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies - and no, I did not pay full price.  They seem a little overpriced for plastic, so I did some shopping.

5Shot
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 7:42:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I got a set off the EE and really like them.  I have not used them more than a few times yet.  They seem to hold up well and I like the VFG.

Sarge
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont care for them too much.  For the price they seem high.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top