Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/12/2005 2:20:43 PM EDT
The Cmt upper I got is a real flat,dark black,alot darker than the new Bushy 14.5 on it that is more of a light black/grey.I would like to find the best Socom black refinishing stuff to do it in,so It matches.I dont mind having to bake it on,Those products seem to be alot better than spray paint type refinishers.Will end up doing my metal mags also,now that I think of it.Damn the Mossburg would look alot better to.Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The Cmt upper I got is a real flat,dark black,alot darker than the new Bushy 14.5 on it that is more of a light black/grey.I would like to find the best Socom black refinishing stuff to do it in,so It matches.I dont mind having to bake it on,Those products seem to be alot better than spray paint type refinishers.Will end up doing my metal mags also,now that I think of it.Damn the Mossburg would look alot better to.Thanks in advance

You are never going to get both to match by redoing just one.

You would have to redo both and you are just wasting your time.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, Yesterday I chopped a Cardinal Forge Carry Handle into a BUIS and painted it using Krylon Camo Spray Paint in Ultra Flat Black. I bought the paint at WM.

Perfect match with my CMT A3 RAS #'d Upper.

Gotta take care of dinner. I'll snap a pic and post it here later.

HS1
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 4:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.It dont have to be super perfect matching,but close to where you would really have to look.Its a really used carry handle and brand new everything else,so I cant just leave it,and would like to do my Crusier 12ga in it also.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Ya,im leaning Duracoat,just need to find the right color,I may just call and tell them dark flat black
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 7:44:38 PM EDT
[#6]
How about this?  Norrell's Molyresin Flat Black Socom.

The upper is Molyresin.  The lower is DPMS.

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe I will go that route,that looks fine to me
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top