Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/10/2005 5:23:14 PM EDT
I am looking at a CAV-15 and it cost $700 with and here are the specs I was thinking of building but this one is close to the price anyway.  http://www.cavalryarms.com/scout.html

16" gov't profile barrel (light under handguards, heavy out front)
C6 - M4 style fat profile handguards for mid-lengths
Chrome Lined
4150 Steel w/vanadium barrel
Threaded barrel  
1:9 twist
Forged front sight base  w/bayo lug
5.56 NATO chamber
A3 upper (flat top)
SAR - A1 style rear sight
A1 length integrated buttstock and lower receiver
SPEC-OPS 101 M4 Rifle Sling
Hogue HANDALL Universal Grip Sleeve

Scott
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:50:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I’ve never had experience with Cavalry Arms but around here the are not known for their looks, I’m not a big fan of the stock and lower setup, however, If I were going to spend $700 I’d go ahead and save a little more and buy a Bushmaster or a RRA just to be sure.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a big guy. 6'4" and I like the full stock. But little guys might want to get a plain colapseable lower. I love the fact that I never ever have to worry about my lowers looks. You have to severely abuse the plasticto gouge it, and it is so damn light. Think Glock... But more powerfull.  
Oho yeah I also built my upper, and my lower was an upgrade from a mk1, so I am in the rifle a little over 510$$$ Build it. Buy the lower and build. You will not be sory.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:02:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I’m 6"3 and the six position stock works just fine for me, on the last notch that is, I agree with 11V, for bigger guys go with a full stock, for guys who like their guns to look better then their wives “like me” go with a collapsible.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 2:03:35 AM EDT
[#4]
while cav-arms are good weapons, I would pay about $75 to $100.00 more and get a Bushmaster just my 2-cents     thanks
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:27:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd go for the CavArms rifle you have in mind.  CavArms is a first rate company.  I agree with the "think glock" comment.  I kick myself on a regular basis for not buying a bunch of the CavArms lowers when Armalite first started selling them at around 100 bucks a pop (the only thing that makes up for it is all the Stag lowers I got for less shortly after the price increase).  You won't find a Bushy for that price with those features...oh wait, you can't get a Middy Bushy at all.  You will not be disappointed in the Middy choice at all, go for it.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:38:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Cav arms lower, Its been as good as the Aluminum ones I have.  You dont have the option to change stocks and grips.  I am average sized but I like the stock length and the grip on it anyway, its comfortable enough,  that its the lower that gets put on the precision uppers.  I dont think you can go too far wrong with one.   It really depends on what you wnat to do.  If you are like most people, the BRD will take hold and it wont be the last one anyway.

Aim surplus has Bushys reasonable, but like said not in mid length.  I dont know where you are shopping them at but DSG Arms has them for just over $700 and in colors if you want.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I’ve never had experience with Cavalry Arms but around here the are not known for their looks, I’m not a big fan of the stock and lower setup, however, If I were going to spend $700 I’d go ahead and save a little more and buy a Bushmaster or a RRA just to be sure.

Very sound advice.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:06:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Very sound advice.

I agree  
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 7:16:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
... If I were going to spend $700 I’d go ahead and save a little more and buy a Bushmaster or a RRA just to be sure.

Very sound advice.

I agree  

$761.50 = www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=122&t=374354

(But FWIW, I have a few Cav lowers & like them fine...)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top