Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2005 2:21:01 PM EDT
OK well I was reading the post about the differance between Colt and Bushy carry handles and about the differance between front sight post and I am now more confused then before I read it,

So here's my question and I'm sorry I didnt understand the first post," too much info"

I have a Colt Comp HBAR A3 . I replaced the Colt 20" barrel with a Bushy 16" M4 style barrel ,
and I havn't shot it yet, do I need to replace my front sight post on the Busy barrel so it will line up with my Colt carry handle?
I also have a RRA tacticle handle I'm thinking about using on this gun , what about this set up ?

thank Brian
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
+1
shoot it and find out.
I did not know if I needed the taller sight post until I shot it.
some people didn't need it, some did.  I needed the taller sight post.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:02:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
go shoot it

+12

you will never know till you shoot it and you run out of elevation

some of my bushie's needed it some didnt.

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 7:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Shoot it and if it acts like an anti-aircraft weapon, you will need to raise the FSP...
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:18:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Shoot it and if it acts like an anti-aircraft weapon, you will need to raise the FSP...

Seriously tho ... I too get lost with some of the more technical discusiions on this board. As stated by everybody, "just shoot it". That's the simplest and surest way you will ever find out. If you run out of elevation settings, then maybe you DO need to change your FSP.

Good luck .... have fun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top