Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2005 12:39:34 PM EDT
Hello all,

First I would like to say, very nice site and nice hardware!!

I should be picking up my Patrolman next week and have a few questions. Not my 1st AR but have not owned one in 15yrs. It was an Olympic Arms and never had any problems with it but had to sell it.

1) Is there any minor modifications / additions you would suggest?

2) What is the best source for Mags and ammo?

3) I have 2 mags left from the Oly, will they fit this one without any issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks
 ST

Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome!

1) Mags and ammo.
2) Look in the Equipment exchange and buy only USGI magazines.   Ammo can be had right now but it is a little pricier than it had been in the recent past.
3)  The mags from the OLY should work.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot it a lot, once you have the feel for the weapon, THEN consider add ons.  Any mags that worked for the OA will work for the Bushie, but as already posted, stick with USGI mags.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:06:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies!!
 Ammo is the 1st thing I will look at, used to buy 1k at a time. What is a good price for a thousand rounds? I will definitely shoot a few rounds before making any changes. Just wanted to hear from current owners on what some of the workable / practicable modifications may be.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#4]
a decent lite
D&H mags
magpul followers
rangerplates
I am assuming you will be working with this?
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:50:25 PM EDT
[#5]
No, I will not be working with this.  I just find em and that is all. This is for fun only, I  enjoy shooting and had a lot of fun with the OA.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Welcome!

1) Mags and ammo.
2) Look in the Equipment exchange and buy only USGI magazines.   Ammo can be had right now but it is a little pricier than it had been in the recent past.
3)  The mags from the OLY should work.

+1...'nuff said:)

P.S. I just got a Patrolman two days ago, cannot wait to shoot it!

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:39:56 AM EDT
[#8]
it will make you a greet rifle,
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:28:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Fine weapon, I have a Bushmaster Government patrolmen M4 myself, I added a titanium firing pin, six extra Bushmaster mags, and I just ordered a First Samco grip along with a Phantom flash hider.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Tapco has USGI mags for $11.00, I dont think you will find them much cheaper than that.  They are super fast with their shipping and are a site sponsor.

USGI mags $11.00
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top