Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/8/2005 1:28:40 AM EDT
...magazines.

I've been looking through the EE and have found some that seem like a good deal to me. I'm curious though. When it comes to magazines what should I look for and what should I stay away from? I hate asking to call out companies that peddle in crap products but I know that there are some that do. (there always is unfortunately)
I have been told to always make sure that they are at least USGI? Is that a good starting point?
Thanks guys!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:01:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I hope this doesn't sound "snobbish", but the only magazines I use are National Hartford.  I've never had a problem with these mags including: bent feed lips, sticky follower, out of spec feed lips.  
I've also had pretty good luck with Brownells mags.

then again, I only own 11 (just bought a new one) so I'm sure you'll get some "more qualified" replies.

BTW: Stay Away from mags marked "Creative Products"...they suck!
You might want to check out the mag forum for more information.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:30:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Get some of the teflon coated mags from Bravo Company USA.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:14:17 AM EDT
[#3]
there is a tacked thread in the mag forum which states whats what

okay's
center
labelles
national hartford
colt
adventureline
simmonds
d&h

all great mags that i own or have used at one point.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:51:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Go to tapco.com, and you should find D&H for only $11.00 each
I just recieved two that I ordered. Both 30rds, Alum and made by D&H and marked for LEO
and GOV USE ONLY.    
ps, green follower
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 4:55:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Ya know, I've been around here long enough to know better. I should have checked around some more! My bad guys. Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I only buy USGI mags I never buy aftermarket
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:59:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Talon Arms has teflon gi mags with magpul followers
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 6:28:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top