Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 6:55:25 AM EDT
Exactly why are they LEO only I was looking on ar15sales and he has some but you have to be LEO or FFL can buy them. I looked on colts site but doesnt really tell why LEO or FFL only. Can a regular joe own them if he got his FFL dealer to buy them and then sell them to regualer joe? Just curious. And it turns out AR15 Pete and I are related. Kind of crazy huh..
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone in a no ban state can own one. It all has to do with Colt policy. You can find one for sure on the Equipment Exchange here on the site. Dealers and individuals alike are listing new ones for sale everyday.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:30:31 AM EDT
[#2]
It depends on your state, but generally - the AWB policy of restricting certain "evil" features is no longer being observed. That being said, the features included on weapons manufactured after Sep 1994 were marked as such (hence LEO markings), seeing as how the AWB provisions did not apply to Law Enforcement/Government entities.

Now that these are available to civilians in non-ban states, they are no longer LEO only. However, sometimes dealers list prices on LE weapons as being special purchase without the tax, which does not apply to them either. You should talk to a dealer. LE-marked weapons can be had easily.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Just about every gun shop in town has them now, albeit marked up. But then they mark up all their guns. $995 for a new Bushmaster patrol rifle, here  in Plano.

Thanks goodness for the internet.

Talk to Larry a Knesek Guns. He'll set you up with a good pirce on these Colt LE carbine.s Just don't ask for a 6450 - those are hard to find right now.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for he info i will have a talk with Pete from ar15sales
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 9:28:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the Kool Aid club my man... what's your flavor?

Mine is 6920.

Edited for misspelling Kool Aid.  I am a dumbass.  Carry On.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#6]
The 6920 is the one I was looking at. "Git R Dun"
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:34:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my LE6920.  It was very easy for me to get.
Here's a picture of it.

And here she is with my other toys.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The 6920 is the one I was looking at. "Git R Dun"

You must live in the sticks
And +1 get the 6920 you'll have no regrets
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
6520 here.....nice and light!!  Congrats on your soon to be new Colt!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top