Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:26:40 PM EDT
Left a deposit for 50% of a new RRA National Match A2 rifle with Pete at ar15 sales.com in NH 5 weeks ago. Was told should have it in "a couple of weeks". Well, here we are 5 weeks later and I still don't have it. He ordered it on the day he claims (Aug 30-I called RRA and confimred).  Last I heard when I called RRA they were waiting for barrels (I need to call RRA for updates as when I email Pete for updates I usually just get "won't be long now").

He had a brand new one in stock when I left the deposit, but of course, it wasn't legal for this P.O.S. state called MA.

I know it's not pete's fault, but I would have liked for him to have been proactive in providing me with updates when I inquired, after all, he's got $450 of my money. Also, RRA could have been more helpful the times I called them to check on the rifle rather than the line of "4-8 weeks" or "we have no way of checking on it".

Sorry, just needed to vent. In fairness I have to say all the research I did on pete revealed nothing but praise for him, and he has always responded to my emails in a timely manner.  But I'm still dissappointed in the wait.

Am I wrong?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Patience Grasshopper.

If you pay, it will come.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
It will come soon enough. Just relax. It seems Pete is doing all he can which is basically waiting just like you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#3]
You: $450
Pete: Probably many thousands

If anyone is itching to get the items ordered, it is him.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Be patient hes worth the wait.And if your ever in the market for a pre-ban call 4 seasons firearms in woburn.They just had a preban A2 20" Bushmaster for $1300..mint condition.When I bought all mine in 92,93 they were only $300 cheaper than that.Being we live here it sucks but pre bans can be had.I have gotten barrels and parts from pete some times you may have to wait but its worth it.You should have had him just order the upper and have him build your lower with a US PROPERTY marked lower.Im gonna have him build me a postabn carbine so I can ease the wear and tear on the 2 preban bushies I have.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 8:59:37 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing you can do is blame all the people on this board for ordering one of the rifles you should have.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:02:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Pete's a good guy to buy from.  I bought my M-4 from him and I bugged the hell out of him, asking all kinds of questions, and he took his time and answered everyone and got my stuff to me as quick as he could.  Don't worry about a thing man, Pete will come through for you.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 9:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered a Tactical Entry M4 from RRA about a week ago at my local FFL dealer.  I ordered mine with the chrome lined barrel, which I was told will take some extra time.  I think I'm gonna be waiting until around Christmas for mine!!  Don't worry though man.  Let RRA take their time in putting together a kick ass rifle for you.  I'm sure both of us won't be disappointed!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:34:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Waiting is a major bummer, but it's all a waiting game in the AR world since the sunset of the ban.  Everyone has 10 years of make-up shopping to do.  It will be worth the wait, though.  Rock River does a nice job.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:58:22 AM EDT
[#9]
I have learned RRA is like a fine wine, it is worth the wait.  I typically wait about 7 weeks for AR stuff I order.

I ordered a RRA Limited Match 1911 in July 2002 and it came in December 2003, I went through 18 months of agony, but let me say this, the RRA LM 1911 is absolutly the finest, smoothest gun I have ever held and owned.

I can assure you if they say wait 3 years for a 1911, I will do it.

When your get that RRA AR, you will forget about the wait.

77Bronc

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:19:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Shadow,

Your dissapointment is understandable. A few things to consider is the NM is not produced in as great of quantity as other Rock River rifles, most dealers receive a few at a time. Most dealers would want the full price from you up front. On the brighter side you are getting the best production made NM rifle at a great price. It will be worth the wait. IM me if you need help getting her to shoot or need load data or would like help in the competition area.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:52:07 AM EDT
[#11]
In retrospect, it would have saved you some of your anxiety by locating one first, then buying

But since you didn't and here we are................ it sux.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:49:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Red Fish-

No one has one in stock that meets MA laws-it has to be custom built.

Forward_Assist-I will defintately take you up on your offer-this is my first AR, and I want to learn to do well by it.  Thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Like many have said before me, Pete is an awesome guy to deal with it. He probably has lots of customers waiting on stuff, and it's not his fault. I know I waited several months for LMT to get my lower to him, and when they finally did Pete called me and apologized for the long delay. He is a stand up guy and I wouldn't hesitate buying from him again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top