Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:04:09 PM EDT
I have a 6921 upper w/ a DPMS carrier and as of my last trip to the range it turned into a single shot.   I looked at the top of my bolt carrier and noticed that one of the allen-headed screws had broken off.    Prior to this,  I have had zero problems  but would it be smart to replace the carrier or just replace the allen screw.   Also,  if I did replace the bolt with a new colt one,   what kind of headspacing issues would I have do deal with??    THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY INFO
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:31:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Replace both allen head bolts with new ones (refer to USMC TM 05538C-23 sec 3-11, pg 3-19/3-21) and make sure they are properly torqued or you will continue having problems.... As for replacing the bolt, if you do, check the headspace with a proper gauge to be on the safe side. Headspacing is a function of fit between the bolt and the barrel extension and when you replace one or the other, headspacing should be checked.

Good Luck....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top