Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/6/2005 2:15:28 PM EDT
I'm a total newbie towards AR's. I have a two other .223's but they're bolt guns. Picked up a used AR yesterday from a guy I've done busniess in the past. It's a stage model 1. Today before I went shooting I picked up some cheap UMC 55 FMJ's. I wanted to pick some Black Hill 68gr ones but I didn't want to spend $17 when I can reload when I get some time.

Anyways, Shot it at 35 yards. Had a nice group of a quarter or so that was about 3-4 inches high from the bullseye. On the elevation, I tired to adjust it down, but it's to the point of where it can't go down any further. hot

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
With a name like Superseal, we would think that you know that you're doing

Were you making your elevation adjustments from the front sight for zero which is the correct method. Or, did you use the rear sight?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
taller front site post..just an idea
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet he's just cranking on the rear sight.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:35:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Your grouping was high, so you need to lower your grouping.

This means that you need to RAISE your front site post, so that you actually have to lower your barrel when aiming.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:46:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you know you can move the front site up and down?  Not trying to be rude or anything.  
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:51:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Did a manual come with the AR?

I know manuals are a "Last Resort," but they always serve me well.

Congrats on your first AR!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:22:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Like I said guys, I'm total new to the AR world. Didn't know that I could move the front one. I did look at it yesterday and it seemed like I could move it. I just took a quick look and it shows what way "up" is on the front site.hanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:25:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Dude, I tend to look at the "bang" end of any weapon -- and the rest of it, for that matter -- before I try to send anything downrange with it..  Just sayin...  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:45:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Holy fuck.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Like I said guys, I'm total new to the AR world. Didn't know that I could move the front one. I did look at it yesterday and it seemed like I could move it. I just took a quick look and it shows what way "up" is on the front site. Thanks for all the help guys.

Yea man, just push that little nipple down and spin the front site post.  1 click will move the impact 1 1/4 inch at 100yds.  But don't forget to set your rear elevation back to the correct setting.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top