Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 3:19:58 PM EDT
in paticular, about shipping,

I have an ar10 lower in the EE for sale, and a potential buyer has  an FFL from cali, so is this legal to ship to an FFL in cali,

I was under the impression that nothing new and unregisterd oculd enter te state without approaval from the CADOJ in regards to military personel

in guidence would be appreciated
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You'd probably do better if you asked in the California Hometown forum, but it's my understanding that NO assault rifles that aren't already grandfathered in can be brought in to Cali.  This of course includes receivers.  I've also heard that even the one's that are grandfathered can't be transferred.  If you own one and you die, the gun gets destroyed.  Someone from Cali correct me if I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
You are right.
Do not transfer unless you got the ASSAULT WEAPONS FFL with a letter (Department letterhead) stating that is is for a law enforcement agency. If that's not the case, do not sell.

*Actually I may be wrong cause it has to be FFL to AW FFL.

If I am wrong, someone else chime in.

When I was looking for an AW FFL, they wanted a lot of paperwork and a lot of money. My case was different cause I have a Military Assault Weapons Permit and was just going to pick them up (already registered). I decided to drive and pick them up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:15:01 PM EDT
[#3]
so not even a FFL holder is permitted to accept an assualt  Weapon in california, with out a letter from law enforcement?

Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey Nosmik,

I get the impression you are not in the PROC.

When you do drive to stuff up be sure you do not have any full mags, or even any loose ammo in proximity to the rifle.  In California having a weapon with a full mag even in separate compartments is considered a loaded firearm.  I also have heard of people getting busted for loose rounds touching a gun.  I think Boxer and Feinstein are worried about those dreaded new self charging AR's.

I would recommend breaking the sucker apart and then placing both halves in a locked gun case for transport.

This is one reason I was ELATED to GTF of the PROC.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Only a FFL w/ a Cali Assault Weapons permit can take shipment of AR type weapons, there is very select criteria on who can buy them in the state.
Go to the CAL DOJ web page for most of the answers.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:49:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hey Nosmik,

I get the impression you are not in the PROC.

I am stationed here and I got the necessary permits.

When you do drive to stuff up be sure you do not have any full mags, or even any loose ammo in proximity to the rifle.  

You can have full mags. (10 round max) As long that they are not attached to the weapon, you are ok.

In California having a weapon with a full mag even in separate compartments is considered a loaded firearm.  I also have heard of people getting busted for loose rounds touching a gun.  I think Boxer and Feinstein are worried about those dreaded new self charging AR's.

See above. I will get the info. from the DOJ when I find it

I would recommend breaking the sucker apart and then placing both halves in a locked gun case for transport.

If you are completely legal, why do that. As long that it is in a locked container you are ok.

This is one reason I was ELATED to GTF of the PROC.

Believe me, I can't wait to get out of here!!

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top