Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/4/2005 9:32:23 AM EDT
Was just wondering because I've been wanting to buy a SOPMOD and they have the option to add a heavy buffer and spring, is it worth it and what does it do?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody???
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have one, but from what I gather:
Improve reliability
Reduce Bolt bounce
Reduce cyclic rate (if you have FA capabilities)

I've yet to have any issues with my standard carbine carrier and spring so i haven't replaced mine just yet (I still haven't free floated my barrel)
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#3]
While I have no need for the heavier buffer spring I do run the 9mm buffer in 2 outta my 3 - M4 rifles (all 1/7 twist).

FWIW, I like the heavier buffer as there is "zero" recoil shooting BH 77grn. smk rounds and although they don't cycle as fast as the "h" type buffer in the 3rd M4 I like the no recoil of them for repeat/follow-up shots.

And YES, both rifles equipped w/ the 9mm buffers run 100%.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 10:36:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:42:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks alot Eric...
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:17:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I done know if this applies to your needs. But, I had a 4-position collapible on a 20" HBAR DPMS Southpaw and was not able to cycle light loads like S&B ammo. Today I installed a full A2 stock that had heavier buffer and longer spring and my problem was solved.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I run an H Buffer and Wolff XP Spring and I love it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 3:25:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I was wondering what would work better the 9mm buffer or the usgi h2 buffer thats on bravo comps website???
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top