Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2005 12:05:36 AM EDT
I haven't seen much discussion on ZM Weapons AR-based designed recently.  According to their website, it sounds as though it is indeed piston driven?  And yet, I think I recall someone saying here that it is still direct impingement.  Which is it?  Might there be a schematic available somewhere?  Has anyone used their collapsible stock?  (The side-folding, 5 position collapsible that they call the "Tele-Folding?)I have already heard that it is a heavy design, but I'm still interested.  Here's a link to their offerings.  http://www.yankeehillmachine.com/store/lr.html  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:10:48 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a hybrid. The gas tube is attached to the key and the action spring is wrapped around the barrel. Cleaner, and you don't need a conventional receiver extension, but its proprietary, and accessories are limited. There may or may not be other issues I am not aware of.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 4:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Combat_Jack.  When you say it is a hybrid, what exactly do you mean?  Does it actually have a piston?  Because, what good would it do for the gas tube to be attached to the key as you say?  Anyone have any firsthand experience?  Thank you.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I think Jack means the action spring is wrapped around the gas tube/oprod, the oprod is on top of the barrel.  As to it being cleaner, gas still gets blown on the bolt.  It's no piston though.
Their folding stock is patterned after the FN, it's a solid and fast design, beats the crap out of Ace's folding mech.  It's heavy though.  The folding and LOP adjustable stock is nice, again kind of heavy and made of all metal, could be a problem in freezing weather (face stuck on the stock lol)

Go to this thread to find more info and pics
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you Duffy.  The link you posted was most informative.  Now, I've just got to pony-up for a membership so that I can view all of the archived info.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top