Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 1:34:58 PM EDT
Without modification and law breaking what parts can you legally put on an AR? Isnt it the m16 upper receiver and thats it? If Im not mistaken the only difference is the m16 lower and LPK and bolt set right? The rest is fair game?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:04:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I think you can put a M16 bolt in your AR15 with getting in trouble.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Without modification and law breaking what parts can you legally put on an AR? Isnt it the m16 upper receiver and thats it? If Im not mistaken the only difference is the m16 lower and LPK and bolt set right? The rest is fair game?

You got it. Bolt Carrier groups are fair game, but stay away from full auto trigger assemblies.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Just about everything but the FCG, and no drilling little holes.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:29:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Bolt carriers are perfectly fine and I've even seen a few people going for M16 hammers, but I'll stick with what works. I like the M16 carriers, but aside from that, there's not really any use for M16 parts in an AR15.

To answer your question in short, yes you can put a complete M16 upper on an AR15 lower with no problems.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:32:33 PM EDT
[#5]
All of 'em if you got enough cash!
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just about everything but the FCG, and no drilling little holes.....

Haha no no staying waaay away from that. But I was wondering if you could recycle old parts off of those guns. Ok so the Lower (obviously) and the LPKs everything else is fair game. Cool beans, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:37:19 AM EDT
[#7]
You can modify the hammer, triger and disconnector to be semi only legal.  You can use a full auto selector wiht an AR15 trigger group and it will go safe-semi-semi and thats OK too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You can modify the hammer, triger and disconnector to be semi only legal.  You can use a full auto selector wiht an AR15 trigger group and it will go safe-semi-semi and thats OK too.

More like safe-semi-jam BOOM.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:56:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Explain this BULLSHIT you just posted!  I want a DETAILED EXPLANATION OF YOUR COMPLETE IGNORANCE!!!!

Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:00:19 AM EDT
[#10]
You can put anything you want in your ar-15, just don't get caught, brand new colt m4's, forget the ##, comes with a m16 BCG.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

BULLSHIT!!!!!!

Explain this BULLSHIT you just posted!  I want a DETAILED EXPLANATION OF YOUR COMPLETE IGNORANCE!!!!

Hey here is one knee jerk response to another you pompous ASSHOLE!

GO FUCK YOURSELF AND THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON

I use to think you were always a spout off at the mouth jerk on this site, but now this confirms it. I will not now or ever take the time to explain myself to you!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I don't want to get in a flame/war here, but I would like to know which statement is correct.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#13]
not taking sides on this one!!!

but, i do have a full auto selector and a superior arms auto marked lower (no hole).  how would i make it do the safe, semi, semi,  configuration?  that would be cool.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:25:41 AM EDT
[#14]
The hook that the auto sear uses to hold the hammer back can be cut off of the M16 hammer to make it semi auto only compliant. The notch at the front does not have to be there.

You can cut the tail off of an M16 disconnector to make it semi auto only compliant.

You can grind off the cam on an M16 selector which would normally push the M16 disconnector out of the way and this will leave you with a three position selector: safe-semi-semi.

The trigger would have to have the rear portion welded up so an M16 disconnector would not fit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well I don't want to get in a flame/war here, but I would like to know which statement is correct.

The statement by DevL is correct.

An M16 selector, used in conjunction with an AR-15 disconnector, will produce safe-semi-semi, since positions 2 & 3 have a notch that allows the trigger to be pulled, but the short AR-15 disconnector will not engage the selector cam in the third position.

I think you could use any and all M16 parts in your AR-15 without legal troubles, with the exception of the auto sear (won't fit), or the combination of selector plus disconnector.  Having an M16 selector + disconnector will allow the hammer to fall when the carrier cycles forward, and once that happens all it takes is a soft primer to allow more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Just use semi auto parts.. Easier that way..
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:25:59 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just use semi auto parts.. Easier that way..

+1 for the FGC, bolt carrier is okay though.  I've seen an ATF letter posted saying that the carrier is legal.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The statement by DevL is correct.

An M16 selector, used in conjunction with an AR-15 disconnector, will produce safe-semi-semi, since positions 2 & 3 have a notch that allows the trigger to be pulled, but the short AR-15 disconnector will not engage the selector cam in the third position.

I think you could use any and all M16 parts in your AR-15 without legal troubles, with the exception of the auto sear (won't fit), or the combination of selector plus disconnector.  Having an M16 selector + disconnector will allow the hammer to fall when the carrier cycles forward, and once that happens all it takes is a soft primer to allow more than one shot with a single pull of the trigger.

Thank you.  I just hate it when people post BS and try to say what I just said is dangerously, ignorantly, unsafely incorrect when they have no idea what they are talking about then run away saying they wont take the time to explain themselves.  I would not have been so pissed had the comment not quoted mine.  Dont imply someone is a dumbass advocating activities that could cause serious harm and you wont get such responses.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top