Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/2/2005 9:07:50 AM EDT
Hello,

I have found a site where they sell M4 type AR15 rifles from National Ordnace. It is named SAR 15 A3.

http://www.arcned.nl/FFcms/klanten/hvdp/media/shop/sar-15-A3.gif

I have tryed to search for some information about it on google but I could not find any thing about this company.

Does anyone of you know this company? And are they any good?

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of them, but it sure looks like a decent rifle

However, I would measure that against whether or not you have the civiliam standards in ARs available to you in NLD. (Colt, Bushmaster, RRA)

If so, how does $1,950 nieuw, convert to USD?

If the big 3 are available to you, I'd stick with them. But if not, perhaps this is a shotoer worth a look.

Reminds me of the Bushmaster with a 14.5" bbl and Phantom FH, which is a great combo.

thanks for sharing.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a National Ordnance lower recevier. Not sure if it is the same people or not. The lower I have is a cast lower and the metal is soft. Some hole placements are located incorrectly on my lower but I was able to assemble it and get it to function. The finish is a powder coating on mine. The powder coating was thick and many holes had to be cleaned out with a drill bit to install the parts. Also it was not anodized so the surface has no other protection than the powder coat. There is a picture of it in the tacked thread above with the lower markings.
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=223495
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for you reply's.

I have a Bushmaster 20 inch right now. But I was looking for a M4.

I should probaly look for a Bushmaster M4.

Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Just curious but why does the picture look like there is a bolt and nut at the rear takedown instead of the normal pin and also I do not see a hole and the end of the hammer pin in the picture? Sling swivel looks to be missing also?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:11:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes that is strange I also noticed that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#6]
National Ordnance Company makes and sells cast and forged 80% lowers. AFAIK, they don't have a manufacturing license to produce complete lowers. It appears that the company is purchasing these lowers and finishing them and assembling them into complete rifles.

j3_: It sounds like you have a cast A356 80% receiver from National Ordnance (NOC) that someone completed and assembled and sold to you. This would explain the fact that it is not anodized and the holes are slightly off. The 80% lowers are not drilled nor anodized when obtained from NOC, and it is up to the builder to perform those functions. I hope you didn't pay much $$$ for it.

ETA: Apparently, NOC does manufacture 100% complete lowers. From the photo pictured in the link in a previous post, they appear to be cast lowers. Can't tell from the photo if it has been anodized or not though.  If J3_'s lower matches the photo posted in the other link, it would appear he has one of the NOC completed lowers, but if its not anodized and the holes are off, then I'd pass on buying one.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top