Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/1/2005 9:33:07 PM EDT
I'm getting my plans togather for SHOT 2006.  A week off work, suite at the Rio. Looking forward to seeing whats new but oi always wonder about the stuff I saw years before that never really showed up in the market place.

At SHOT 2203 Aguila had a neat little rimfire load that put a 5.56mm centerfire bullet in a .22LR case.  I was looking forward to that one, but it never made commercial release.

I wont even start on the SHRIKE...

At SHOT 2004 I shot the Barett 6.8SPC carbines and it was the hhighpoint of the show.

At SHOT 2005 most of the answers I got from remington when I pressed them on the 6.8SPC were grumblings and mumering under their breath.

SHOT 2006 is rapidly approaching.  Is this the year we will finally see the 6.8SPC LTR from Remington that was supposed to be available in Oct 2004?  The big SHOT 2005 release from Remington was a package deal on 870's for LE use.  WTF?

Will Black Hills be offering 6.8SPC ammo?  Last year they said they were too busy with existing calibers, but had the dies for 6.8SPC and planned to offer it when time allowed.

I'm not sure I even want a 6.8SPC AR anymore but would like a LW 18" bolt gun in the caliber.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Silver state armory delivered their first run of 6.8 SPC.  Since they are a small company not looking to compete with the big boys, they are going for the niche market.

They do not sell direct.  Distributers to be determined once they are happy with their production capability and the end product.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:19:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait.  I could use a break from reloading.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top