Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 2:02:34 PM EDT
Sorry for the questions but I'm a newbee.  I'm considering getting one of Denny's Recon barrels but have concerns on the 1:7 twist.  I know this is great for SHTF situations where I would want to use heavy grain ammo, but what about for just plinking?  I was planning on using cheaper, lower grain ammo for that (Wolf).  Will I just have a few flyers if I use 62 grain?  Or will all of them be way off?  What about lower than 62 grains?  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
heres a thread where everyone that owns a recon chimed in on

wolf is not consistant enough to actually expect good groups out of but it will work. i have used q3131a and xm193 with great results out to 100yds

but with federal gmmk's 69gr and 77gr its amazing
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply/link.  I already knew what ammo it likes the most.  I guess I was asking which cheap ammo I could get by with for just plinking around on cans and milk jugs.  A flyer out of five would be acceptable to me for this situation.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top