Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 10:54:49 PM EDT
Hi,  Are their parts same quality or one is better?  The reason I ask is DPMS parts are a little bit more I wonder is it better? Do DPMS teflon coated their small parts?  Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 2:12:28 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're asking if the parts are made out of the right materials, and do they fit, the answer is yes.  On the other hand, if you want to know if the finish and appearance is the same, the response is:

HELL NO!

Bushie parts beat DPMS into the ground by a huge amount; except for the DPMS hammers, which don't have notch in the top front and are smoother operating w/the uncutaway bolt carriers I use. Also, Bushie trigger guards are plastic, while the DPMS guards are aluminum, although the aluminum guards are usually semi shiny black and don't match the color of the lower receiver.

On the other hand, DPMS takedown pins and safeties are full of toolmarks, the hammer/trigger pins aren't chamfered at the edges, the bolt  holdopen I got was totally out of spec and had to be thrown away, and the mag release button on the piece I got, while functional, was so ugly I scrapped it too.

All of which is why I don't buy parts kits. I go to the show (going today in fact), see my favorite parts guy from Southeast Military Parts, and hand pick the pieces I want.  Costs me a few bucks more, I suppose, but I'm happy w/ the stuff I get.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:00:28 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you're asking if the parts are made out of the right materials, and do they fit, the answer is yes.  On the other hand, if you want to know if the finish and appearance is the same, the response is:

HELL NO!

Bushie parts beat DPMS into the ground by a huge amount; except for the DPMS hammers, which don't have notch in the top front and are smoother operating w/the uncutaway bolt carriers I use. Also, Bushie trigger guards are plastic, while the DPMS guards are aluminum, although the aluminum guards are usually semi shiny black and don't match the color of the lower receiver.

On the other hand, DPMS takedown pins and safeties are full of toolmarks, the hammer/trigger pins aren't chamfered at the edges, the bolt  holdopen I got was totally out of spec and had to be thrown away, and the mag release button on the piece I got, while functional, was so ugly I scrapped it too.

All of which is why I don't buy parts kits. I go to the show (going today in fact), see my favorite parts guy from Southeast Military Parts, and hand pick the pieces I want.  Costs me a few bucks more, I suppose, but I'm happy w/ the stuff I get.

You still dont know what you are talking about, what am I thinking, you must not have bought DPMS, you switched them with Bushie or RRA. Go home child.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Guys thanks for your replies!  I think I will go with Bushmaster!
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't what that was all about-- but in my experience, they are just as good.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 3:46:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I would dare say that about all lower parts kits are made by one or two manufacturers. Some Gov-Co contractor(s) who sells them to all the AR manufacturers. Then they just put’em in their packaging. Maybe there is a difference, but I’ve never been able to tell.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushy take down pins are properly heat treated.

Both DPMS and Bushy trigger guards are not spec.  It doest matter if one is made out of Al or plastic.

Bushy triggers and hammers of are higher quality and made to mil spec, however, I do agree that DPMS hammers are better for those who have a shielded carrier or select fire carrier.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 4:51:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

HELL NO!

Didn't you mean see the "gal" from Southeast Military Parts. (Ashley)?

M4-AK
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 7:46:35 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Didn't you mean see the "gal" from Southeast Military Parts. (Ashley)?

M4-AK

Ashley, the owner's daughter, used to take the phone orders, in between feeding and changing the baby.  Saw her dad at the show yesterday, and he told me she's taken a full time job, and he now has to deal w/the phone in stuff himself.

She was a pleasant and helpful person to deal with though, and L.D. looked kind of aggravated that she's not covering for him any more.

In line w/earlier my comments about picking up parts individually, got a hammer and trigger from L.D. yesterday.  Trigger has the almost universal M code, which I've seen on internals from at least three different AR makers in the past couple of years.  The hammer, a brand new M16A1 piece, is Colt marked. I'll grind off the auto sear tab, to make it socially acceptable, and look forward to years of service

BTW, SE Military Parts is a good source for AR, M1, Carbine, and assorted other mil surp stuff. Web site is:www.usgunparts.com
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 9:08:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I would replace the Bushmaster trigger with a two stage trigger.  The DPMS trigger is good right out of the box.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top