Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/30/2005 10:50:25 AM EDT
I know most of the companies buy their forgings from the same place, and have also heard that CMT is a military contractor and also one for Colt. Does that mean that Colt and other big AR makers pruchase forgings through CMT or completely finished and anodized uppers and then just put them together. I notice the T-Markings on my Colt flat top look different then the CMT markings. The CMT are almost silver where as the Colt look like white paint.

I am wondering specifically if then when you buy a CMT upper for $95 if you can expect the same spec quality and machining on the rails and other parts as when you buy Bushmaster or Colt direct?

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 12:26:28 PM EDT
[#1]
CMT/STAG= ALL MIL-SPEC PARTS.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]

i've been to CMT's factory before.

they make parts for most of the big names.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top