Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 9:02:37 AM EDT
I just bought this new upper, it is a RRA midlength, with a DD rifle rail installed.

Taking a close look at it while comparing it to my other rock river, I found that it has this stamp/print mark on it:

whereas my other rock river has nothing there.
Also, when looking at the feed ramps(milled into the upper, the midlength looks like they were dremeled, whereas my original looks like they were cnc cut.

original:

and the midlength:

any comments appreciated!
Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Both feedramps look dremelled, real M4 cuts are subtle and should not have bare metal exposed.

as for the keyhole looking marking, that's just the forging mark for Cerro: a forging supplier.

Forgings will have different/no markings depending on where it came from.  

Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:14:03 AM EDT
[#2]
so is that a rock river upper? with that forging mark?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#3]
That is a forge mark. The forging company where RRA got the upper blanks from. _DR has a tacked pic post at the top of this forum with some info in it about the Keyhole forge mark.

Yes, that's how RRA does their feed ramps. I wish they'd get on the ball and start using actual M4-cut uppers and barrel extensions instead of doing them in house.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#4]
thats good, I was flipping out thinking I got some weirdo brand upper-edit so I take it that CERRO is ok, because a lot of different brands use them?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
thats good, I was flipping out thinking I got some weirdo brand upper-edit so I take it that CERRO is ok, because a lot of different brands use them?

Your upper is okay.

You may relax now...
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#6]
phew, good. i really didnt want to have to redo this upper.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Their uppers are dremmeled.  I've yet to hear 1 feeding problem complaint from RRA or other uppers without "true" M4 feedramps.

when my entry tactical was new, my first rd didnt chamber, I used the FA and it has been working great ever since. I have no complaints, which is why I bought another.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top