Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2005 7:32:21 PM EDT
this is the description:

"I'm selling my All original Colt Sporter Competion HBAR semi-auto rifle .223 . I'm the original owner and have fired approx 600 rounds thru barrel.

Barrel is Stainless steel and NOT chrome lined. Twist is 1 in 9, NOT 1 in 7 like the military ones. This twist and barrel construction enhance accuracy. Rifle will shoot MOA with Nosler 55gr Ballistic tips. Rifle is in great condition, and hasn't been fired in 6 years.

Included with rifle is 1 30rd magazine, and your choice of either the folding rear site, or the one piece scope mount.

Rifle is tight and good looking. Rifle is all original, not a parts gun. Feel free to email with any questions, phone calls are welcome between the hours of 9am to 4 pm.

Thanks

Brad"

Any thoughts? Is this a great deal, or an OK deal?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want the pony on the side, go for it.

Otherwise, you could build one cheaper.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:57:01 PM EDT
[#2]
seems fine to me. thats what I got my bushmaster for about 4 years ago. Of course that was brand new, not used. If you have some experience with ar's then id try building one because itd be cheaper, otherwise id go with that.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:15:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I could be wrong, but has seller admitted to having changed the barrel?

If so, why?

I do not believe stainless was an option on those from the factory.

I would say "no" to the deal- but that's because i would just throw in an extra $100-$300 and have a brand new in the box LE Colt, and know for sure I have the best.

Colts LE rifles for less than most anyone I have seen----->here

'Sporters' hold no intrinsic collector value.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If so, why?

I would say "no" to the deal- but that's because i would just throw in an extra $100-$300 and have a brand new in the box LE Colt, and know for sure I have the best.

Colt DOES offer a stainless barrel and has for some time in their "Colt Accurized Rifle."

Lonny
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:04:46 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Colt DOES offer a stainless barrel and has for some time in their "Colt Accurized Rifle."

www.coltsmfg.com/cmci/images/AccurizedRifle_BIG.jpg

Lonny

good point.

I knew they had that model, but didn't equate it to a "Sporter" although it may well have been.

Don't know why I thought the poster offered that is was a 20"er, but I had that (incorrect) image

and that Accurized rifle is a 1/9 , 24"-er..................so, it could well be the same.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:37:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

If so, why?

I honestly believe it was a typo. He said SS, but the add with the pic showed it to be chrome moly.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy Colt or go home
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:38:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Not bad.  You can find better prices for bushmasters and such if you look around.

Max
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top