Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2005 12:29:47 PM EDT
Is supply limitted to what is out there or are they always available to dealers who will end up selling them to us once in a while....?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:34:09 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you talking about, they are available all over the place.  Just about every gun store that has Colts has them....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:36:28 PM EDT
[#2]
that's my question.....  these aren't the greatest investment then, only great guns right?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What are you talking about, they are available all over the place.  Just about every gun store that has Colts has them....

what he said.

--------------------> Click here for a good (COLT) time
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
that's my question.....  these aren't the greatest investment then, only great guns right?

Who can say?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Word on the screet was that Colt would no longer sell their rifles to civilians. Period.

That doesn't suprise me, but I never saw that memo myself so i couldnt say for sure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#6]
They are greatguns, and as an Investment they hold value better then Busy or Armalite though they are great guns allso, i love my 6920.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Back in June, I spoke Bill Chartier, Colt Sales Rep.

He said the civilian world gets the firearms after Colt meets its contractual obligations to various agencies.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Word on the screet was that Colt would no longer sell their rifles to civilians. Period.

That doesn't suprise me, but I never saw that memo myself so i couldnt say for sure.

I never saw a memo and obviously neither did my local shop. He was selling them for 11 to 1200, now he's at 1350 and he can forget it. At 1150, I considered it a decent deal on a good rifle. I bought what I wanted.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I really don't know where all this "can sell only to LE" came from. It's been going on pretty much since the ban ended and the rush for Colt carbines started. I guess it's just another rumor that snowballed. Everyone I have talked to in person or on the phone (dealers, Colt reps, etc.) have all stated the same thing. Colt was initially only supplying LE rifles to LE Dealers. That doesn't stop the LE Dealer from selling to civilians. Some of the LE Dealers had a personal business policy to not sell to civilians for fear of losing dealer status with Colt due to the conformity to the AWB. Even after the ban had ended, some continued their policy. This is not to say that Colt hasn't had some shitty politics, but it really doesn't stop average joe from gettign one.

Anyhow, NIB Colts can be had in great numbers if one knows where to look. There are usually some on the EE, as well as many dealers that offer them at good prices.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I really don't know where all this "can sell only to LE" came from. It's been going on pretty much since the ban ended and the rush for Colt carbines started. I guess it's just another rumor that snowballed. Everyone I have talked to in person or on the phone (dealers, Colt reps, etc.) have all stated the same thing. Colt was initially only supplying LE rifles to LE Dealers. That doesn't stop the LE Dealer from selling to civilians.

Thats kinda what i figured. I'll bet it was started by the guys trying to sell 6920s for 2K and more late last year. Bad thing is, I think it worked for them
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:28:12 PM EDT
[#11]
guns aren't investments and neither are cars or coins, not good ones anyway.  Don't believe me on the latter?  Ask Gov Taft of Ohio....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:34:28 PM EDT
[#12]
My 6920 definitely won't appreciate in value after I get through with it   .  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:55:55 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
guns aren't investments and neither are cars or coins, not good ones anyway.  Don't believe me on the latter?  Ask Gov Taft of Ohio....

My HK USC''s disagree with you.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:26:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

MG's are excellent investments.  The key is buying guns that are limited in quantity.  A Colt 6920, even though it's a great gun, isn't something you'll make money on.  There's simply too many available on the market.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#16]
the 6920 with the 16 bolt carrier has as good as chance of going up in value as any. maybe even more
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top