Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/28/2005 6:47:15 AM EDT
Fellow ARFCOMers, I am embarking on the great journey to the promised land of  6.8mm SPC and require your assistance in finding my way.

Does anyone have any of the Barrett 25-round magazines or PRI 'enhanced' 25-rounders with blue Magpul followers and souped up spring set?

Does the 115gr more closely resemble the 77gr SMK or 147gr 7.62NATO in terms of ballsitics? This is for optics choice.

Thanks in advance.

Simon
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Eagle Firearms has the Pri mags.  I got two of the 25 rounders with the blue followers from them.  Don't know if the springs are souped up or not.  I think MSTN, also has the mags, as well as a few other places.

A few of us have wondered, and Zak Smith was kind enough to reply to your ballistics question: He said he is using a TA11 and hitting steel plates out to 600m with the BDC in it.  Of course you will need to try it out with your particular gun because of so many variables involved, but it seems like you can use the 77gr trajectory as a "base line" to go by.  I don't know how it is compared to the 147gr 7.62 round.

The two 6.8spc FAQ threads tacked here are full of info on loading, places people have found ammo and brass, and lots of other good stuff.  You've probably already seen them, so sorry if I'm telling you something you already know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:10:42 AM EDT
[#2]
How are your PRIs running and what do you think of the fit and finish? If they were new mags, they should ahve the enahnced spring.

Anyore opened one of them up for a look? Mine will have to deal with a tropical clime where 80-90% humidity is the norm.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top