Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2005 8:26:57 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of who made the upper I just got. It's a 24" HBAR barrel with A1 sights, tear drop assist, no brass deflector and a birdcage flash hider. I can't find a single manufacturer's mark on it. I'm not familiar enough with AR's to know what twist rate it is by looking but it appears to be chrome lined. TIA
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:04:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is a 24" barrel I would seriously doubt it is chrome lined....

You sure the barrel is 24"? [ETA]  gotta be a 20" barrel, they don't put flash hiders on 24" barrels....

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Really sounds like someone's garage project.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Really sounds like someone's garage project.

WIZZO

That's what I'm thinking. It's for sure 24", fat under the h/g's and there is a birdcage on the end. The bore is excellent and the finish is alright. A couple of the sprockets on the barrel nut are dinged so I'm really thinking garage project more and more. If so, from my research, the receiver looks like an M16A1 someone stuck a long barrel on. The BC & CH that came with it look almost new. I'm not bummed as the sum of the cost of the parts is worth more than what I paid. I'll take a few pics and post them here tomorrow. Thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:45:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Why don't you just ask the guy you bought it from?

Or better yet, why didn't you ask him before you bought it???
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:05:25 AM EDT
[#5]
He had purchased it used as well and didn't have any additional info. It looked good from my end and performred well for the previous owner so I went for it. I may be dense, but I'm not entirely stoopid
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:01:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top