Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2005 4:05:49 PM EDT
I have heard that colt has lost their defence contract (don't know if this is true) and is in trouble of bankruptcy and the quality of their latest guns has suffered. I am wanting to get a new m-4 type gun and the colt struck me as the best. This information has made me reconsider my decision. I do plan on keeping the gun but the resale value of the colt has to be greater than the other copies. One option I have is to get a older colt ar-15 a2 for 799 and add the parts to make the gun I want but this would have to be more expensive than the 6920. Could someone please give me some advice on what I should do.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:13:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Stop listening to your source, and go buy the 6920.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
get both, when I buy a Colt AR15 resale value is never a factor cause I never plan to sell them
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:31:04 PM EDT
[#3]
In my search for a 6920 all i have run into is colt bashers. The dealers I have called all tried to switch me over to a different manufacturer. I do not plan on selling this gun but it makes me feel better knowing that my $1200 is not lost after the purchace. Thanks for the quick reply
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Well as it turns out Cold sold all their Military, LEO and Corporate Security Business to a Canadian company www.colt.com/ and the domestic company is stiil held by US interests www.coltsmfg.com/.

Colt products made for US domestic civilian distribution are not Mil-Spec.  The barrels are not chromed and they use a floppy plastic hinges in the but stock cubby holes instead of the normal aircraft grade aluminum hinge and the civilian model Colt AR's have larger than Mil-Spec pins in the recievers.

Read about it here www.colt.com/mil/news.asp.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:14:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

The barrels are not chromed

My friend, you are flat out incorrect on this one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:15:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1 What Stick said!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well as it turns out Cold sold all their Military, LEO and Corporate Security Business to a Canadian company www.colt.com/ and the domestic company is stiil held by US interests www.coltsmfg.com/.

Colt products made for US domestic civilian distribution are not Mil-Spec.  The barrels are not chromed and they use a floppy plastic hinges in the but stock cubby holes instead of the normal aircraft grade aluminum hinge and the civilian model Colt AR's have larger than Mil-Spec pins in the recievers.

Read about it here www.colt.com/mil/news.asp.

Wow, this is probably the single biggest crock of shit I've seen here in a long time-and I've seen a lot It's pretty amazing that you can comment on Colt's civilian rifle line-particularly since they haven't fucking built a civvie rifle yet in 2005.

And for the record, Colt acquired Diemaco, not the other way around.

To answer the original posters question, in the past 26 months alone Colt has been awarded well over $300 million worth of DoD contracts. They build both the M4 carbine and the M16A4 for the US military.

Never in their history have they been healthier financially than they are right now. Don't listen to the asshats here, or the dealers who try to tell you otherwise. If a dealer spouts this crap it's typically an effort to get you to buy what they have in stock.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I suggest that you go to the Colt industry forum on this site any time you need more Colt info.  You can find straight talk from people that appreciate Colt's firearms who are not "Former Vietnam SEAL gunshop owners" that are just trying to get you to buy their $900 Olympic Arms AR-15 by trashing Colt's name.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:08:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I thought that Colt had nothing to do with the Colt forum here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#10]
This thread really should be deleted. The info here is so "My cousin's friend owns a gun shop, and he heard this..."

The Colt's are fine. Out of all the AR manufactures, the few I trust are Colt, LMT, Bushmaster and RRA.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I thought that Colt had nothing to do with the Colt forum here.

They don't Stick-at least not, uh, officially

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Buy the 6920...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:32:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Yeah, what he said

Quoted:
I am wanting to get a new m-4 type gun and the colt struck me as the best.

You know what bsalbrig? That COLT struck you right
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top