Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 2:20:42 PM EDT
Hey guys! im new here, im about to order a Rock River Arms Standard A4. Im not familiar with the gun laws, but are flash hiders on the postban ARs illegal? does any one have any advice for me, or a site that lays out the law in layman's terms? thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:21:52 PM EDT
[#1]
OH isn't a ban state, right?  Flash hiders and collapsible stocks are ok.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
The assault weapons ban is no more on a federal level, although a small number of states still have their own bans. Lucky for you, Ohio does NOT have an assault weapons ban, so you can have flash suppressors, bayonet lugs, and telestocks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Ohio is cool but check city laws---Columbus can be a pain.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#4]
wow, thanks alot guys. that opens up more doors for me! thanks!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Goddammit!

I'm living in a ban free state, but what if I want to move to NJ or CA for a job or something...

Where could I leave it? Where could I hide it? Maybe i'd make a cache and store my "evil" weapons deep in the Alaskan woods or something
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#6]
haha just make an armory in your basement. nobody will know.

by the way, does anyone have any reviews/caveats/advice on the Rock River Arms A4?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:35:51 PM EDT
[#7]
There is no longer "preban" or "postban" guns.

The Federal Assault Weapon Ban is GONE, DEAD, DOA.

Now some states have their own bans, so that's a separate issue.

So, have fun - get a collapsible stock, bayonet lug and a flashhider!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

by the way, does anyone have any reviews/caveats/advice on the Rock River Arms A4?

They're nice rifles and you will be happy with it.  Just make sure to buy from reputable dealers, like the site sponsers here.

I made a mistake when I bought an RRA from a dealer on Gunbroker.com and got screwed(imagine that-shady dealers on gunbroker ).  The rifle was a parts gun with questionable parts, wrong buffer spring installed, and the buttstock wasn't properly installed.  A friend and I paid $25 each for shipping and they both came in one box.  They were half wrapped in a bed sheet with some chunks of styro-foam.  They were bouncing around against each other in the box and looked like crap when they got there.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:23:42 PM EDT
[#9]
im ordering mine thru www.eaglefirearms.net, they have the A4 for the cheapest.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
im ordering mine thru www.eaglefirearms.net, they have the A4 for the cheapest.

Way to go.  I ordered my other RRA lower from them.  They are one of the best on the boards.   Best deals, most courteous on the phone, and they are just all around good people.  Every thread that is started asking about them turns into a 2 or 3 page list of recommendation for them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:49:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Welcome fellow Ohioian to the forums. The hometown Ohio forum is a great place to ask questions about Ohio Laws.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#12]
oh wow, i didnt even think of that. thanks heathen!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top