Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2005 1:51:34 PM EDT
What issues or problems will I have with mixing my DPMS cast lower receiver and a forged A2 upper?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It will put you in the poor house because it will eat ammunition ?  
I have a Cast DPMS lower and it work great. You will not have any problems unless you swing it like a baseball bat into a tree.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I've been using it with a varmint barrel, but it didn't get much use.  I probably have less than 500 rounds through it.  I was going to put an A2 upper and a chromoly M4 barrel on it.  It's going to be used as a beater/backup.  

My brother asked me about selling it to him when I was done but I had second thoughts about selling to him if I wasn't sure it would hold up.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#3]
don't drop it, I would pass on it and get a bushy
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:50:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had any problems with it, but I thought I would check before putting some heavy use on it.  I can always use it for my 22 upper.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:37:08 PM EDT
[#5]
If I wanted to sell it, how much is a good price for it stripped?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top