Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 10:25:33 PM EDT
isnt it illegal to have a full auto carrier in anything other than a registered MG?

is colt really seeling the LE6920 with full auto carrier?     WHY??
must it be replaced with a semi auto carrier?

also somewhere on this site i once saw a list of model numbers witha brief desciption of each? can anyone send me a link to that?

i have searched and i just cant relocate it

thanks guys

paid up 2-3 weeks ago
how long does it take for admin to change my status from member to team member with the advanced search??
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#1]
do a search, i have seen this topic a lot recently so you should get some good results
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:35:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
isnt it illegal to have a full auto carrier in anything other than a registered MG?  No

is colt really seeling the LE6920 with full auto carrier?     yesWHY??
must it be replaced with a semi auto carrier? No

also somewhere on this site i once saw a list of model numbers witha brief desciption of each? can anyone send me a link to that? THere is a list over on Bigger Hammer www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/variants/

i have searched and i just cant relocate it

thanks guys

paid up 2-3 weeks ago
how long does it take for admin to change my status from member to team member with the advanced search??

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:46:17 AM EDT
[#3]
It is NOT illegal to have a standard M16 carrier in a semi auto AR15.  Colt started the cutaway carrier/notched hammer thing as a politically correct piece of garbage back in the '70s, and all the copycats just followed suit for 30+ years.  Go on over to the legal section of the site, and you can find a pic of a letter from BATF to Colt essentially saying, if it doeasn't make the rifle fire full auto it's legal.

And that's when Colt started saving themselves a buck or two by dropping the milling out of the xarriers.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:10:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:18:13 AM EDT
[#5]
A F/A carrier dosen't make a rifle shoot auto.

It is safe and good-to-go.

I have  a question............

do you have a '70 SS454? Or just a fan of them?

(My dream ride, and just ahead of the SS396)

Now, back to our regularly scheduled thread
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
i own a 70 SS 454 chevelle but do not know how to post a pic!!!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top