Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/25/2005 9:08:31 AM EDT
Here is what I was thinking of getting for my first AR along with an A.R.M.S. SIR an Aimpoint ML2 or 3 a Surefire M900-A and maybe a Gemtech M4-96D Can. Any suggestions would be welcomed and helpful.

Entry Tactical

32 looks and no comments or suggestions? Come on now people dont be scared.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:04:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Can you order it without the goofy handle (and get a discount)?  If you're going to put optics on there, I imagine you're going to stop using the handle at some point, and a variety of BUIS are lighter and easier to use as back-up sights.

Just an opinion, not trying to knock your choice - that RRA model is a great rifle, and RRA have quickly developed an outstanding reputation!
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:12:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can you order it without the goofy handle (and get a discount)?  If you're going to put optics on there, I imagine you're going to stop using the handle at some point, and a variety of BUIS are lighter and easier to use as back-up sights.

Just an opinion, not trying to knock your choice - that RRA model is a great rifle, and RRA have quickly developed an outstanding reputation!

+1
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I would dump the SIR as long as we are all being honest..... plenty of cheaper rails out there doing at least as good of a job, if not better.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
So what kind of rail would you suggest Stickman?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a long thread regarding rails, and it ends up being a matter of taste.  I guess one of the biggest questions is whether you need to free float the barrel or not.  Non-free floated is much cheaper, and does much the same thing with the exception of allowing you to mount optics.  

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=172238

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top