Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/24/2005 6:56:11 AM EDT
I am contemplating sending my upper in for a mini y comp removal, while their at it can they replace my non bayo lug FSB with one that is more functional?

What are the pro's and cons?

Will it screw anything up?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:04:31 AM EDT
[#1]
They used to do it but I believe they stopped.

Max
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:06:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Shit! That's what I was afraid of. The only problem I have is I love my A2 setup, and most of the uppers out there are A3.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:13:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It can be done, it doest hurt anything, but its way more money that its worth.  If you are concerned about attaching a bayonet, sell your current barrel to someone in a AWB state, and buy a new one. The cost of the FSB install, and removal of the brake is almost the cost of a new barrel.

This is a good idea

Another good idea would be to add one of these with a permanently attached Phantom FH

A sweet addition to your Bushmaster for sure!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]
If you have the tools, and a good solid bench vise takes about 20 minutes to change out barrels.
Just make sure you have the right tools. Good barrel wrench. Solid bench vise. Action block. pin punches. New gas tube and roll pin incase needed. some small blocks of soft wood in case gas tube is stubborn. moly grease. That's about it.

And of course that satisfaction of knowing you have the knowledge to keep your own AR running forever. That's priceless.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Bigbore,

Any chance that you can remove my barrel from my upper and send it back to me? Any chance on taking it in as a trade for a bay lug equipped one? I have 300 rounds through this barrel and it still has the mini y comp attached to it.

Also, if there is anyone out there that wants to buy this barrel I will post it in the EE after I have it removed from my upper.

I don't think I want to try it myself, I'm just too inexperienced in that area.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:09:11 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bigbore,

Any chance that you can remove my barrel from my upper and send it back to me? Any chance on taking it in as a trade for a bay lug equipped one? I have 300 rounds through this barrel and it still has the mini y comp attached to it.

Also, if there is anyone out there that wants to buy this barrel I will post it in the EE after I have it removed from my upper.

I don't think I want to try it myself, I'm just too inexperienced in that area.

If you are in DFW area, How much for the  barrel if I take it off for you (can show you how to put the new one on too.)
Done a few swaps. Fairly easy if you have the tools.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:17:14 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you are in DFW area, How much for the  barrel if I take it off for you (can show you how to put the new one on too.)

I'm in San Antonio. I think I want to find a replacement barrel before I go selling off mine. I think I want to get an 11.5 +5.5 so I have to shop around. What do you think I could get for my Barrel? It's a Bushmaster M4 with mini y comp.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:23:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in San Antonio. I think I want to find a replacement barrel before I go selling off mine. I think I want to get an 11.5 +5.5 so I have to shop around. What do you think I could get for my Barrel? It's a Bushmaster M4 with mini y comp.

really depends on what condition it is in, and round count. If excellent, fair round count, at least $100 I would say, maybe more if the buyer is in a AWB state, if it's a factory Bushy chrome lined.  A new Bushy barrel assembly is about $199. Maybe $125 would be fair for a used barrel, maybe $150, like I said depends on condition. If it looks brand new after cleaned up, you could ask $150 and see if it sells, if not go lower. Easy enough to take off the Mini-Y, and most of us will live without a bayo lug if the price is right.

BTW you can't wrong with ADCO if you don't already know. When it comes to AR15 gunsmithing, there are few I trust, but I would trust them with any job. They are among the best.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#11]
I had Kurt at KKF replace my post ban FSB with a lugged one.

If you don't mind waiting (mine took 6 weeks)  it cost me $90 and that was for parts/ labor and return shipping.

It turned out great and it looks like Kurt test fired it to make sure it was zero'ed with the new FSB.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top