Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/23/2005 8:41:43 PM EDT
I am in the market for a LE6920.  However, I would like to mount a vertical foregrip and accessories, like a flashlight, on the side.  Should I get picatinny rails installed on the bottom and sides???  Has anyone else done this???  Will this deppreciate its value??

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
If you don't want to mount optics to it, you could get Midwest Industries 2-piece 4-rail hand guards.

They mount just like handguards and can be taken off whenever you want. You can get them from Bravo Company at the top of the page for a good price.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
If you don't want to mount optics to it, you could get Midwest Industries 2-piece 4-rail hand guards.
www.midwestindustriesinc.com/mctar-17n.jpg
They mount just like handguards and can be taken off whenever you want. You can get them from Bravo Company at the top of the page for a good price.

WIZZO

Make sure you get the model #17C for Colt.  Their handguard caps are different.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:26:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys for your help.  I don't know where I would get this kind of info if it wasn't for guys like you.  One more question, what's the difference between the 17#3 handguard rails and the free-float design ones??  I'm really looking for the best out there...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:49:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Since it is a Colt, get a KAC M4 RAS.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:04:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm really looking for the best out there...

That would narrow your search.

KAC (Knights armament)
Troy
Samson
Larue
Daniel Defense

All are first class and worthy of your Colt

Check the industry section of this board for details

Do your homework, as these run $250-$350 for the parts alone. Install on some require gunsmith skills

If it were mine, I would go with one of these----- Only.

Great info on the subject can be found by clicking this link

HTH
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:25:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Stick to the stuff mentioned above.  

It will not depreciate in value but then again I do not buy guns as an investment.

Max
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:23:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I am in the market for a LE6920.  However, I would like to mount a vertical foregrip and accessories, like a flashlight, on the side.  Should I get picatinny rails installed on the bottom and sides???  Has anyone else done this??? Will this deppreciate its value??

Maybe you should just mount it on your wall... add some gold plating...fur dice.....
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am in the market for a LE6920.  However, I would like to mount a vertical foregrip and accessories, like a flashlight, on the side.  Should I get picatinny rails installed on the bottom and sides???  Has anyone else done this???  Will this deppreciate its value??

I would strongly suggest you start spending time here reading some of the older topics, and some of the tacked threads.  You probably want a stronger background before you start buying, and you will learn more by reading the tacked info threads than you will by asking questions.

Do your homework, and you will be happy.  Don't get something based off what someone else likes.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm really looking for the best out there...

That would narrow your search.

KAC (Knights armament)
Troy
Samson
Larue
Daniel Defense

All are first class and worthy of your Colt

Check the industry section of this board for details

Do your homework, as these run $250-$350 for the parts alone. Install on some require gunsmith skills

If it were mine, I would go with one of these----- Only.

Great info on the subject can be found by clicking this link

HTH

Any opinion on the Surefire?  I thought they were supposed to be excellent (although my screws have loosened up after a few hundred rounds).  I need to get some lock-tight or something for the threads.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top