Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2005 3:13:52 PM EDT
I have a RRA Entry Tactical with free float yhm tac rail front end.  I also have the Eotech 552 revf.
For my BUIS, I have the ARMS 40.  I am considering moving my eotech forward out onto the tactical rail (wich is flush mount with the flattop. ) I would like to move it all the way out onto the free float- my question:

After 200-300 rounds, the front end gets hot enough to warrant gloves or vertical grip- will this hurt my eotech?  Anyone with good experience or opinions welcome . . .
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info.  I figure if these things are being used by spec-ops and leo's- it should'nt be an issue.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:07:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I had my 552 mounted forward and was questioning the heat also....
i ended up mounting back on receiver....
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:09:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe we'll get some good info out of this post . . . I'm really interested.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:45:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've run mine all out hot, not had any issues.  While it wasn't ultra far forward, it was off the receiver.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys that have replied: Are you running the eotechs on a larue or some other mount or right on the flat-top ?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 3:11:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been running a 551 Rev F for over a year with it mounted almost flush against the front sight assembly with no problems.  I've run the gun in this format through courses at Blackwater, with Paul Howe, Tactical Response, etc.  and havent had a moments trouble.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:40:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again for all the great replies.  I guess I'll be moving her forward.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top