Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:35:54 PM EDT
hello everyone,

looking into an AR and the possiblity of mounting an ACOG...

better to go ahead and just get a flatop or the A3? and does anyone sell a flatop 16" w/  a telescoping stock?...

Thanks

Chad
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Flat top or A3, hmmm, either one should do it

And there are plenty of manufacturers that have the flatop A3 16" w/ a telescoping stock...
COLT, Bushmaster, Rock River Arms, Armalite and many others...

Off the top of my head, a COLT 6721 is real nice and fits your description... Its a bit pricey, but the quality is all there...

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Welcome to the boards.  

First, among civvy manufacturers an A3 is a flat-top, so assume you are trying to decide behind a fixed carry handle A2 or a flat-top A3/A4.  

As a general rule, the flat-top is the better option.  The compact ACOGs are fine on carry handles but if you are looking at a fullsize ACOG such a TA11 or TA31 then you'll probably find that it is too high when mounted on a carry handle.

As for finding a 16" flat-top with collapsing stock, you must be shopping in all the wrong places because they are literally everywhere.  It's probably the single most popular configuration of AR being sold today.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:48:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
if you arent confused yourself, you are confusing us...

An A3 *is* a flat top. And almost every rifle with a 16" barrel comes from the factory with a adjustable stock. If you want an ACOG, get the flat top.

shhhhh, I was having newbie fun
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#5]
k now im confused...when i say A3 i mean the detachable carrying handle such as

http://www.bushmaster.com/le/LE-Patrolman-Carb-A2-Blue.jpg

"The A3 Type Removable Carry Handle" thats the A3 right?...

what im trying to say is better to get an A3...or just no carry handle at all...

edit: compared to http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/Images/pcwvml16f.jpg

also "nightlife" is me also..i registered here over a year ago and was never allowed to post...so i made a new account yesterday as "Nimitz" but today when i logged in it logged me in as nightlife...sorry for the confusion and if i broke any rules I apologize...

Chad
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

www.bushmaster.com/le/LE-Patrolman-Carb-A2-Blue.jpg

Thats an A2 upper

And make up your mind which account you're going to use.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:58:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.bushmaster.com/le/LE-Patrolman-Carb-A2-Blue.jpg

Thats an A2 upper

And make up your mind which account you're going to use.

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:58:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#9]
yeah...funny isnt it. not my fault it didnt work for over a year...jackass.

according to the bushmaster website it says its the "A3 removeable carrying handle"...

thanks for nothing

Chad
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#11]
time out
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top