Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:55:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:19:55 AM EDT
[#1]
MI 2-piece are tight enough that they can be difficult for some people to install. Took me a few attempts, but they went right on. All it takes is a little patience to get them alligned properly and in place. Mine does not rattle either. The top rail seems to be on the same plane as on the reciever rail, and the finish on them matches the the rifle near perfectly. The T-markings are a nice detail as well. They are great overall, and I can recommend them to anyone with confidence.
Now, I really suck cuz I dont have a way of posting a pic right now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:22:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I just bought the MI 2 piece hand guards.  Took 2 days to deliver.  I got the 17X for my carbine.  I figured if I was going rails I might as well get the extra length with them.  They're open on the bottom to accomodate the bayo lug and sling swivel.  They're tighter than a virgin and sturdy as hell.  I would recommend the hard guard removal tool or a friend for the adventure of installing them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:32:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:37:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:43:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:14:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I had a set of the YHM rifle length rails on my dissy. I liked them. But when I saw the design "imporvements" on the MI, I sold the YHM. Now I'm waiting on the rifle length MI model to come out. I'll let you know when they get here.

both are good, but I prefere the way MI built the rails.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I've used both. The  MI are much better, tighter, better machine work and finish.  The numbered rails are a plus.  Overall a higher quality piece.  Paul at Bravo Company has them on sale right now for $129.00
GET SOME
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#10]
The MIs are excellent. No play at all, and excellently manufactured. I got the extended 17X, and find them to be excellent.

My only gripe is that with the 17Xs, the bottom front section isn't there, but they're still better than the carbine-lengths for my task.

I know you've seen the pic in chat before, but:

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Rock solid, well-made.  I couldnt ask for anything more out of them.

I'd buy MI again if I had another project that called for them.

- BG
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top