Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2005 11:28:22 PM EDT
If I were to have my Colt A2 upper redone in black hard coat anodizing frome it's current dark grey where should I go? I just want it to match the rest of the gun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
lightmetalscoloring.com

techplate.com
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:16:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:07:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the links. Since the finish on my upper is very good is there any way for me to dye the part black? Or is that something that needs to be done during the refinish process?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Norrell's Moly coat would be my first pick.  Does not require that the original finish be blasted off.  Blasting a part will change it's dimensions.

Bit of advice, I would sell the part and buy a new black one from Brownell's.  You should be able to get $125-$175 out of a Colt's gray M16A2 upper.  Those sell fast, I have sold quite a few.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. With that said I'll do one of two things. Either keep it since its the darker grey and not a huge difference from the black or just buy another Colt in black when one comes up.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top