Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 8:10:20 PM EDT
well finally some people have the RRA middie w/ chrome lining in stock and I am planning on ordering one tomorrow. I am thinking about either a daniel denfense forend or maybe a PRI carbon fiber forend. Either choice will have the pri lo-pro gas block.

I am not sure, but I would really like to run a rifle length forend on there with the lo-pro gas block. The places I will be ordering from do not sell larue stuff, so unfortunately I cant get that.

I am planning on building a recce-style gun btw for mid range shooting with a TA31F. What would you go with???

Thanks
Matt
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#1]
DD is supposed to be good stuff.

I like the idea of aluminum more than carbon fiber, personally.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:18:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I went with a PRI midlength handguard on my 6.8 middie upper. It's extremely solid and I have no worries that it might break or crack. The carbon fiber tube on these is at least 1/4" thick.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
DD is supposed to be good stuff.

I like the idea of aluminum more than carbon fiber, personally.

WIZZO

most of the recceish guns I see run the DD so i am kinda leaning in that direction. The DD is also cheaper so that is a plus!

I think I will save the PRI for my SPR-clone.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:08:35 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, well I ordered:

RRA mid length chrome lined a4 upper.
milled front sight-reparked
DD 12.0" rifle handguard

it will be going on top of a RRA lowerw 2 stage trigger w/ vltor clubfoot.

waiting a little while on the acog til I get paid again....
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top