Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 5:30:30 PM EDT
Will a 24 inch RRA varmint upper cycle with a RRA 6 pos collapsing stock?

I know it probably woulndn't be ideal, Can't really afford to build a full rifle any time soon, so I was just going to buy a varmint upper sans bolt, and use the one out of my 16 inch. I'm just wondering about the stock.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#1]
   I tried a 6 position stock on my 24" RRA varmint once to accomodate a young shooter and it usually would not reset the hammer. That upper has always worked flawlessly with it's A2 stock. The lower with the 6 pos works fine with it's carbine upper.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#2]
thats what I figured. Thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]

You can mate any upper to any lower... check out the picture threads for all the 20" and 24" uppers on 6-position stocked lowers...

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:45:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Will a 24 inch RRA varmint upper cycle with a RRA 6 pos collapsing stock?

I know it probably woulndn't be ideal, Can't really afford to build a full rifle any time soon, so I was just going to buy a varmint upper sans bolt, and use the one out of my 16 inch. I'm just wondering about the stock.

From everything I have read it is not recommended to use use a bolt from one rifle to another.  I believe the bolt carrier can be swapped just not the bolts.  Can't remember exactly what damage that can do.  But, at $35 I would just get  new bolt as well!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
You can swap bolts just as long as the bolt isn't too old and worn with the other rifle.  I doubt it would cause a headspace issue (I used to swap bcg's all the time), but check it if you've got a high round count on the bolt.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top