Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2005 1:54:44 PM EDT
What's the best way to remove a jammed casing from the chamber. I had a FTE and the casing is jammed in there.
Should I just ram it out with a cleaning rod insterted through the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#1]
you can buy a little tool that does it i believe.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:07:04 PM EDT
[#2]
i believe that's the only way to do it.  Same thing happened with my 20"er when I was shooting silver bear.  The extractor ripped right through the rim.  Tap it out, it might take some effort.  If you in fact have a broken shell caught in there, then the broken shell extractor is your only hope i think...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I always use my old cleaning rod and it always works for me.  It amazes me how much force it takes sometimes to get the damn thing out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:01:07 PM EDT
[#4]
If the base is still on the case of the round, just tap it out with the cleaning rod. Chances are, it will pop right out.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What's the best way to remove a jammed casing from the chamber. I had a FTE and the casing is jammed in there.

Yes...
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes...

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
we are assuming the ass of the case is ripped off right?and the usual hammering the stock on the ground doesnt work?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
we are assuming the ass of the case is ripped off right?and the usual hammering the stock on the ground doesnt work?

I'm assuming the rim is intact... I think if it had pulled off he would have mentioned it?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:14:17 PM EDT
[#9]
hey im an idiot,I leave out details all the time.one person says theres a tool for that ,to me implies broken shell xtractor,another says ram it out,if the case was intact what good would a shell xtractor do?internet advice=free
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL... You know what? He might just reply saying that the rim is torn off? Then who's the idiot?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:51:24 PM EDT
[#11]
That rifle is defective and un-salvageable...send it to me for disposal.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I'll take the barrel
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Yea, took some force with pounding on the cleaning rod, but it finally popped out. I think we have a case of defective 62gr Wolf ammo. Same thing happened to my buddy too (same case of ammo) completely different rifle.
Thanks
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top