Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2005 9:34:49 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:42:41 AM EDT
[#1]
So, you just shafted your buddy to the tune of £350?

Link Posted: 9/21/2005 9:56:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
buddy of mine came back from afghanistan with a wee prezzie, his millennium universal weaponlight system (m951). i made him take $150 not knowing a helluva lot about surefires other than they're bright and pretty expensive...man, i got the light, an ir cover, thumbscrew pic mount, a click-on tailcap, and a touchpad hooyah...that comes out to about $500 more or less on surefire's website!!!

anyway, looking over their inventory, there are some items i'd like to get and i was wondering if anyone has any particularly happy experiences with board dealers. i'm interested in the arms throw mount, 6v turbohead conversion, the high output lamp assembly, and the dual switch (xm07).

thanks for any assist!

Just curious, you are mounting a wepaon light on a single shot/stright pull action AR rfile?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:37:03 AM EDT
[#3]

So, you just shafted your buddy to the tune of £350?

It sounds to me like his buddy made off with $150.00 of profit because he sold a weapon light and accessories that were paid for by the US tax payers and issued during RFI.  Sounds like a great thing to be bragging about on the internet.  I hope you enjoy your light, glad I could help pay for it for you.

I could be wrong, and he could just be happy to take a $3-400 hit in order to hook up his friend.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
It's Great Britain. I doubt his friend has any use for a weapons light.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It's Great Britain. I doubt his friend has any use for a weapons light.

OK, so it's Brit taxpayers who got screwed.  You're probably correct though that the "friend" cobbed the thing so he could peddle it to his buddy. Oh well; all that proves is that there are fast buck artists in the UK as well as the USA.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 1:38:50 PM EDT
[#6]
insert pic looter with surefire here

If your friend stole it from the french nobody would care
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not sure if their was any intention to make money.  He said he made his friend take the $150.  Not trying to make everything sound legal here, but I think it was more of a gift thing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Its sounds to me like people crying have never been in the military.  The amount of gear/ kit that is traded is larger than you would think.  

Either way it isn't like the guy posting needs to be jumped all over.  

hardcorps1775-  Good for you, I traded kit with a bunch of your guys during my desert time, and never had any issues.  Its more common that people here would think evidently.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top