Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2005 1:42:00 AM EDT
I installed a new magpul stock on my bushmaster m4a3.   First time shooting it at the range after a couple shots...   I noticed my trigger pull was not right.  I took apart the rifle and noticed my buffer retaining pin and spring came out and was stuck in the trigger assembly.  

Is it possible that the stock is too tight which cause the buffer spring to push to hard on the buffer retaining pin?  

I know my explaination isn't the best but that's the best I can do.  No Pics either.  Sorry

Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Proper positioning of the buffer tube itself IS what holds the buffer retaining pin IN. It appears you failed to get the buffer tube far enough forward to keep the buffer retaining pin from popping out.

Here's the instructions for this procedure (located up top under "Information"): www.ar15.com/content/guides/assembly/lower/, note info at bottom of the page there....

The buffer/extension tube MUST rest over the edge of the buffer retaining pin in order to keep it positioned properly. Suggest ya move it abit futher foward.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 2:44:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate the info.  I'll give it a go.  Hopefully that will fix it up.

Thanks again
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top