Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2005 7:48:45 PM EDT
I just ordered  a Bushmaster shorty (11.5) .It has a LE marked lower . Produced in the late 90s or early 2000 .I guy at the range to told me that these guns a designed for full auto use . Is this true ?He also told me that all the parts in the lower are full auto except the selector .Is this true ?

Can anyone offer me any more information on this gun ?

Any modifications to make it go better .I`m buying it to use in 3 gun matches .
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say he is selling you a load of crap. Please tell me it has a 5.5" flash suppressor on it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:10:49 PM EDT
[#2]
i am not sure of canadas gun laws in regard to barrel length but in genneral some of the informations that he is giving you is bogus

namly that of the the parts inside the lower,  full auto parts are diffrent than semi parts and the seletor does not give the weapon the ability to fire full auto it is  the sear that allows for full auto operation. add the sear to the m16 parts and then you have a full auto,

if its semi dont pay more that 900 US dollars
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If it is a factory rifle (un-screwed with) they wouldn't have put any illegal parts in there. It should be good to go with semi-auto parts already.

I've read that 11.5" is supposed to be the most reliable short barreled rifle. When you start getting shorter than that, you might start having problems with functioning. I bet your Bushy will be one hell of a shooter.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I would say he is selling you a load of crap. Please tell me it has a 5.5" flash suppressor on it.

Regular flash hinder .In Canada we don`t have the restriction for barrel lenghts on the AR.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't notice you were in Canada. I would run either a Wolff extra power extractor spring or an O-ring in it. My buddy has an 11.5" Bushy that had tons of extraction problems. I bought him an O-ring and his has ran 100% since through about 1000 rds.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top