Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2005 3:29:21 AM EDT
I am looking at a Bushmaster V-Match 20 inch barrel. Flat top floated barrel i would like to have to barrel flutted. I am wanting it just to coyote hunt with. i Dont think i want to have one built because it will cost alot more wouldnt it. And i will put a nikon 3x9x40 mm scope for hunting on it. I just want it for coyote hunting. I have fount a new one with out the fluted barrel for 776.00 Then i would have to put a stage 2 trigger in it can you buy one  that is already set up like that . I know the barrel is ss i would like to turn it black. Is this a good gun for a starter i am a green Horn when it comes to a Ar 15. I have always shot bolt action guns. I WILL TAKE ALL THE HELP I CAN GET ON THIS. VM
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 3:55:15 AM EDT
[#1]
$776?     I say get it.............. but you will spend alot more $ on hop-up parts.

build one yourself and make it like you want it. for what you are desribing it sounds good but you are more inclined to with more of a "traditional" hunting rifle that will cost less and serve your needs better.

just my 0.02
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:04:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a bad price.  Do you really need a vmatch or could you do the same with a standard flat top 20" upper?

Max
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:02:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Hi i want it to group GOOD. I am new to a Ar 15 i dont know any thing about builting one. I dont know how much it would cost . I just wanted to find one like the Bushmaster V-Match that is together and ready to go.Can you gave me some help thanks VM
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#4]
The Bushmaster V-Match you are talking about already has a black barrel, and it is a fine weapon for what you are looking to do.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:56:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I can get the gun for 776.00 new for a 20inch barrel one. And i want to send it back to Bushmaster and have it fluted that is 50.00 dollars . And how much for a good trigger and a set of scope rings. thanks VM
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:10:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Have your FFL order the lower receiver.  Also check your Home Town Forum on this site, there might be an FFL that could do it for ya cheaper (It should be a tacked thread at the top of your Hometown Forum).  Call and ask the ones in your area!

Order the upper receiver directly from Bushmaster.  Here's their link:
www.bushmaster.com/shopping/uppers/pre-ban/burvmb20ah.asp
BM wants $625 for that upper if you want it fluted.

Here's a good site with some lowers.  I'd go with the Stag Arms, they work very nicely.  
www.lonestarwholesale.com/2.html

Look on the Equipment Exchange on this site for your scope rings, buttstock and a 2 stage trigger.  Also, there are threads on here for the "How to".  It's a lot easier to do it yourself, much easier than you think!  Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:15:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I can get the gun for 776.00 new for a 20inch barrel one. And i want to send it back to Bushmaster and have it fluted that is 50.00 dollars . And how much for a good trigger and a set of scope rings. thanks VM

I come from a bolt-action world, where trigger weights are measured in ounces, not pounds, and I finally forced myself to 'learn to live with' heavy AR triggers. I'd honestly suggest that you do the same.

(truth be known, for a coyote rifle I'd still rather have a bolt gun - YMMV)

As for scope rings, for a hunting gun, you can probably get away with a set of see-through weaver rings. I did that on an AR I used for a coyote gun once, and it worked fine.

It's not cool or tactical, but it worked fine for me.

I'd stick with the 'weaver' brand, though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:06:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I think i have fount me a gun! It is a semi custom rifle built by Dedicated Technology they said it would like Olympic Arms K8 Target Match rifle. pric 709.00
has a button-rifled barrel 20 inch bar.
or a

Custom built one for 899.00
has a 20 inch stainless steel ultra match barrel (SUM)

Wich is the best out of the 2.

Olympic Arms or Bushmaster
Should i go with the semi custom rilfe or the Bushmaster V-Match
flutting the barrel 80.00
trigger job 30.00
put after market trigger in 120.00 that is for the O Arms
Bushmaster
flute the barrel 50.00
after market trigger 165.00
Which of the 2 would be the best with accuracy please help me out VM
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top